• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Free touchdown space in London for contractors

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free touchdown space in London for contractors

We are opening a new venue in London which will provide free touch-down space and free wireless internet access to all business people and mobile workers. The new venue will be open in August 2005 and there is no charge for membership.

This is the ideal place where you can hold meetings, have a coffee, and pick up your emails. The venue is well located and is just of Piccadilly and close to Green Park Tube.

How to Register
    We have just started accepting registrations this week, and to apply for your free membership card visit http://www.innovationcentres.co.uk/i...=registerform&

Shortly before the opening we will send you by post your membership card together with full details of the centre. In the meantime if you have any questions please telephone 0845 226 1150.

Please also tell a friend. We have a target of registering 2,500 business people before we open the doors.

I look forward to seeing you all there.

The venue is well located and is just of Piccadilly and close to Green Park Tube
    Where precisely?

Comment

Sounds like a handy place to drop in for a coffee if I'm in the West End; but if membership is free, then how do they propose to pay the rent? I suppose they'd charge for Internet access and use of conference rooms.

Comment

They probably aim to make money selling Coffee Starbucks style I guess ?

Comment

What's a "touch-down space"?

(Other than the bit at the end of an American Football pitch)

Comment

and only £40 an hour for a room

Comment

Errm...

Isn't that building the one at the end of London Bridge?

Comment

on top

Is this Ken Livingstone's Venture? Is there congestion charge on top of this?

Anyway if you roam the streets of London you can connect to anyone's wireless network nowadays!!

Comment

Re: on top

Simonread,

What's the catch? How are you going to make your money? Can I just saunter in, use the services and leave. Please expand...

Comment

Re: you can connect to anyone's wireless network nowadays!!

True, but if you're wandering the streets of London with a laptop or PDA in your hand you might as well daub 'Mug me' on your face with green glow in the dark paint.

Comment

Working...
                    X