• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The boogy man

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The boogy man

Does anyone recollect a story about a woman who was convinced there was someone living in her attic. Everyone thought she was just being a bit paranoid, her husband checked around and it was empty
    but it turned out that there really was some guy living up there and he used to come down when they were all at work.

This is just a bit of a warning really, to any Russians amongst us, who may be moving into new premises, to check under the bed and in the cupboards at irregular intervals. and keep a firearm under your pillow.

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

In the office of the job I took after leaving school, there was a bogey man. He kept a board with a scale of bogey types. He would have a dig around, inspect said item, then stick it on the board at the appropriate scale point (something on the lines of very wet to crusty IIRC). I was very impressed,

Or is that different to what you were talking about.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

I blame it on the boogy.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

There's always the risk of the previous tenant coming 'home' pissed one night and clambering into bed with you too.

Or the previous tenant's bunny boiler. Has Wilmslow lived there?

Or the landlord might be murdering the tenants for their body parts.

Or - as I had - the estranged wife of the comatose landlord coming round demanding to take possession.

Or - as I have had - the Police coming round at 5 a.m. to arrest the previous tenant in relation to the fire at the curry shop.

Or the landlord letting themselves in when you are in bed to show prospective tenants around. (I was that prospective tenant.)
        My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
          Does anyone recollect a story about a woman who was convinced there was someone living in her attic. Everyone thought she was just being a bit paranoid, her husband checked around and it was empty
          but it turned out that there really was some guy living up there and he used to come down when they were all at work.

This is just a bit of a warning really, to any Russians amongst us, who may be moving into new premises, to check under the bed and in the cupboards at irregular intervals. and keep a firearm under your pillow.
          Yes, I do remember that story.

As you say, Russians living alone are particularly susceptible to this phenomenon. They must be alert at all times and a firearm under the pillow is prudent. Not an AK45 though.

Comment

My missus reckoned there was someone living in our loft - leaving turds the size of match heads - oh, it's Bats

I got up there the other day with the torch to see if they were still there. No signs of 'em, thankfully. However, there was an enormous wasp's nest there instead.
            One came zooming purposely towards me. Thankfully it got blinded by the torch light. I came out of there like I was crash-diving my submarine - klaxons 'n' all....

Comment

Waspies! Lucky sod.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by Dearnla View Post
                My missus reckoned there was someone living in our loft - leaving turds the size of match heads - oh, it's Bats

I got up there the other day with the torch to see if they were still there. No signs of 'em, thankfully. However, there was an enormous wasp's nest there instead.
                One came zooming purposely towards me. Thankfully it got blinded by the torch light. I came out of there like I was crash-diving my submarine - klaxons 'n' all....
                Our electric tripped a few years back, whilst investigating the cause I found a squirrel in our loft, stiff as a board, spread eagle with his little teeth still clamped to the 10mm cable that supplies our shower.
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
                X