• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best family skiiing resort...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best family skiiing resort...

Well as the little un is practically walking, it's time to stick him on skis. My perennial favourite used to be Meribel but that's not very family friendly as far as I could see?
    Anyone got any recommendations for good family ski resorts with a good mix of green slopes for children and death-defying black runs for me?
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Well as the little un is practically walking, it's time to stick him on skis. My perennial favourite used to be Meribel but that's not very family friendly as far as I could see?
    Anyone got any recommendations for good family ski resorts with a good mix of green slopes for children and death-defying black runs for me?
    St Moritiz

Comment

Livigno,

but please, don't tell the world, we don't want the riff raff coming.

Incidentally, not far from St Moritz.

Milan.

Comment

Hmmm will check those out.
        Have been very unadventurous with skiiing destinations but that's because a good mate has a chalet at Meribel and its free for us.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Teach him yourself??

Comment

Grächen is great for kids and families, but not so good for death defying blacks. A happy balance may be found at Engelberg. The run down from the glacier is particularly fun.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

death-defying black runs for me?
              You've been in trap 3 at clientco haven't you?

Comment

You could always show him your videos from last time you went sasguru...............get him in the mood!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Courchevel 1650, there's a long and wide green area right at the foot that runs gently into to the resort and you still have lift access all the way across to Meribel and Val Thorens. Also good access to the altiport which I image would be high on your list of priorities.

It's more family friendly and low-key compared to its neighbour 1850 which AFAIK is still full of Russian gangsters and their hooker wives.
                  Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                    You could always show him your videos from last time you went sasguru...............get him in the mood!!

]
                    I knew you'd be on here with a non-contribution as usual.
                    Probably just jealous that you couldn't fit your lardarse on skis without rolling down the mountain like a blancmange.
                    That is assuming you could afford it.

Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X