• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This weekend......

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This weekend......

....me and the ball and chain are staying in Peterborough as we are both booked onto a curry cooking course. What's it like there? Staying in the town centre.
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

It's an utter dump. Sorry I can't be any more positive than that. There's some nice places around it but the town itself is grim.
    Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
      ....me and the ball and chain are staying in Peterborough as we are both booked onto a curry cooking course. What's it like there? Staying in the town centre.
      Are you staying at the "Bull"?

Comment

My weekend, packing again.
        Next week is my last week in Zurich.

SSH 30° and sunshine until Christmas
        Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
          Are you staying at the "Bull"?
          Yes - is that place a dump also?
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
            Yes - is that place a dump also?
            I like it, it's got character.

A good restaurant and bar too.

Not much to commend the rest of the place.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
              I like it, it's got character.

A good restaurant and bar too.

Not much to commend the rest of the place.
              That will do me then.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

We're going to see the book of the dead exhibition at the British Museum.

We love Egyptian stuff we do
                "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

I didn't think the little bit we saw was a dump. That town square where the cathedral is looks pretty impressive. Obviously not all the town centre streets look nice but then every town centre has its grotty streets. Didn't venture out of the hotel much at nights though. Crossed the road on Saturday evening to look at the menu in another place and sptted a big wad of tissue covered in blood and loads of blood on the pavement around it. Decided to head back after that!

Cooking course was great though. I can now make a pretty good curry - just have to start practicing more.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

It's nice compared to Swindon.

HRH

Comment

Working...
                    X