• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Notw2

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Notw2

I understand from the news this morning that the NOTW have published photo's of british soldiers beating Iraqi's in Bazra and that the video footage has now been broadcast over the entire Arab world - irresponsible journalism IMHO

Odd - went to find the link on their site but nothing! Anyone else heard about this or was I dreaming

Twas true...

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0...506194,00.html

It was filmed in 2004 after the riots in Amarah - wonder why it was revealed now at a time of hightened tension?
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Isn't that obvious?

Murdoch wants a big war. Nothing sells newspapers and gets people watching Sky/DirectTV/Fox like a good war.

Murdoch has an awful amount of power. Remember who stopped Labour forming a government in 1992.
      Discuss PDA/Smartphones
      Yeovil Town FC - the real green & whites

Comment

Originally posted by John Galt
        I understand from the news this morning that the NOTW have published photo's of british soldiers beating Iraqi's in Bazra and that the video footage has now been broadcast over the entire Arab world - irresponsible journalism IMHO
        Nonsense. Free speech is free speech. If you supported the cartoons being published, then you can't condemn this story.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

The fact is that the NotW has had this story for some time. If it really was in the interests of free speech, why not carry the story a couple of months ago?

Oh, I forgot. The cartoon protests. Why not publish the story when the level of hate against westerners is at it's strongest. That should push a few extremists over the edge. We may even have another 7/7. That'll sell a few thousand more papers.
          Discuss PDA/Smartphones

Comment

irresponsible journalism IMHO
            How so? Is it not the real job of the press to report the truth and facts rather than latest celeb gossip and soap plot lines?

Sure this a scummy low brow tabloid but even they occasionaly remember what it is like to be real members of the press (and tbh i think the broadsheets are too cowed these days to print this type of thing on thier own)

When the press start hiding things because people might not like it or take it badly then we will have a reason to be worried.

The fact is that the NotW has had this story for some time. If it really was in the interests of free speech, why not carry the story a couple of months ago?
            Maybe because the last editor who rushed a story like this to press's, got it wrong and got hung,drawn and quatered? (and rightly so imo, actually he got off lightly, people died because of it)

Comment

Originally posted by Not So Wise
              Maybe because the last editor who rushed a story like this to press's, got it wrong and got hung,drawn and quatered? (and rightly so imo, actually he got off lightly, people died because of it)
              And releasing it so soon after the Cartoon Protests won't get more people killed?
              Discuss PDA/Smartphones

Comment

Shock horror! SB in "agreeing with dazza12" debacle!
                Its all very well delaying publication until facts have been verified, but hanging on for well over a year? Smacks of gutterpress opportunism of the worst kind.
                “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by dazza12
                  Isn't that obvious?

Murdoch wants a big war. Nothing sells newspapers and gets people watching Sky/DirectTV/Fox like a good war.
                  Yes it is obvious - that Blair wanted a big diversion on the day the commons were discussing and voting on the Identity cards bill, to minimize any embarrasing press commentary on the subject.
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                  X