• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sofas 2

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sofas 2

Walked into DFS - some nice stuff, £1600 for what I like plus £800 for chair, four years 0% APR credit - asked if I get discount by paying upfront and the answer was no (at 10% annual cost of money it should have been half price).

12 weeks delivery!

For this sort of money I expect stuff to be delievered within an hour on the same day of purchase - especially on weekends.

Walked into shop next door - Harveys: as soon as I walk in I get informed that it is 10% extra discount on the day... nice!

Find some nice bed - £590 (half price!), being experienced I ask how much for mattress on it - £500!!!

The value of a pound tanked!

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Walked into DFS - some nice stuff, £1600 for what I like plus £800 for chair, four years 0% APR credit - asked if I get discount by paying upfront and the answer was no (at 10% annual cost of money it should have been half price).

12 weeks delivery!

For this sort of money I expect stuff to be delievered within an hour on the same day of purchase - especially on weekends.

Walked into shop next door - Harveys: as soon as I walk in I get informed that it is 10% extra discount on the day... nice!

Find some nice bed - £590 (half price!), being experienced I ask how much for mattress on it - £500!!!

The value of a pound tanked!
    Don't buy anything in harveys, it is absolutely tulip quality (never again for me)

If you want a decent bed try warren evans, they are based in London but do deliver nationwide, if you want a decent mattress you will end up paying good money. If you are going to spend around the £500 mark, then pay a little extra and get a memory foam one. You wont regret it.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
      Don't buy anything in harveys, it is absolutely tulip quality (never again for me)
      Is it THAT bad?

What about DFS sofas, the one I liked is apparently Italian and it does feel nice...

Comment

Harveys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DFS

You mug.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

How many more threads about your lack of foresight?

FFS!!!!

Hire a van, drive to the nearest IKEA and get the stuff the same day! Simples!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
            Hire a van, drive to the nearest IKEA and get the stuff the same day! Simples!!
            That was the original plan, but I thought to go a bit more upmarket this time...

Comment

That was the original plan, but I thought to go a bit more upmarket this time...
              Upmarket! DFS & Harveys
              Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
                Upmarket! DFS & Harveys
                Nearly 2 grand sofa should be more upmarket than stuff you get in IKEA warehouse...

Comment

Nearly 2 grand sofa should be more upmarket than stuff you get in IKEA warehouse...
                  Price doesn't equate to style or quality.
                  Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
                    Upmarket! DFS & Harveys
                    WHS ++

The quality is mince and then some...
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X