• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Business model of sofa sellers in UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Business model of sofa sellers in UK

1. Fook all in stock (more time to get stuff than it takes to launch a rocket).

2. Ridiculous price even after 50% discount.

Originally posted by AtW View Post

Plan B - build yer own.

Or buy antique furniture.
    Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
      buy antique furniture.
      Is it the one with delivery date well in the past? They'd probably want to get paid in gold for it

For £1500 one can buy a fooking state of the art top range microprocessor that requires billions of dollars of research, billions of dollars spent on fabrication processes - and you can get it next day if you want to.

Something is very wrong with sofa industry in the UK, very very wrong...

Comment

Are you still going on about sofas!

What exactly do you want? I'm certain I've got half a dozen large sofas in my tat container.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Is it the one with delivery date well in the past? They'd probably want to get paid in gold for it
          I bought antique furniture for the last place I was in, when I moved I sold it for what I'd paid for it. Delivered the day I bought it, looked fantastic and quality no modern kit can touch.
          Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            I'm certain I've got half a dozen large sofas in my tat container.
            Something like this:

Stylise Leather Swivel Chaise Sofa | dfs | think sofas think dfs

Recliner chair on that page is also very very nice...

And I need to settle down on colour - apparently "red" as on that picture is "slutty"...

Local DFS has got one such sofa cancelled by customer, they dropped price by £200 - available immediately

Comment

I bought antique furniture for the last place I was in, when I moved I sold it for what I'd paid for it. Delivered the day I bought it, looked fantastic and quality no modern kit can touch.
              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Now that is a clued up OP.

Unfortunetly for AtW, he want's a modern flat & tasteless furniture as opposed to style & class.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                he want's a modern flat
                I want a brand new comfy sofa - not an old stool that Napoleon allegedly had a sit on inbetween battles.

Now I am tempted to go back to DFS and get that sofa with 10% discount as it's available immediately... I am not fooking waiting 12 weeks for a fooking sofa!!!

Comment

I want a brand new comfy sofa - not an old stool that Napoleon allegedly had a sit on inbetween battles.

Now I am tempted to go back to DFS and get that sofa with 10% discount as it's available immediately... I am not fooking waiting 12 weeks for a fooking sofa!!!
                  Oh dear, you haven't quite understood what style is?
                  Me, me, me...

Comment

Oh dear, you haven't quite understood what style is?
                    No, but I know what I like (when trying to sit on one of them).

Comment

Working...
                    X