• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BobAid - why are we sending aid to BobLand?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BobAid - why are we sending aid to BobLand?

I mean everyone else here in the UK is feeling the cuts so why not cancel BobAid?

Critics question UK aid to India

Because it is more important for India to have a space programme, nuclear weapons and high tech IT industry than for your mum to have her hip operation.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Because it is more important for India to have a space programme, nuclear weapons and high tech IT industry than for your mum to have her hip operation.
      Harsh.

But fair.
      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Because we have to bribe them to buy our arms, and not obstruct British companies trying to do business there.
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

It's a bit like asking all the tramps in London to help Roman Abramovich buy another football club.

HTH

Comment

HTH
            Thanks Dim for helping me see the light; mum didn't need that new hip anyway as she would rather see Indias rockets being launched to the stars!

Comment

It's a bit like asking all the tramps in London to help Roman Abramovich buy another football club.

HTH
              Ironic, as most of the tramps in London support Roman Abramovich's current football club!!
              “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

False dichotomy. It isn't one or the other. Even if the money isn't sent to India, your mum still won't get her hip operation.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  False dichotomy. It isn't one or the other. Even if the money isn't sent to India, your mum still won't get her hip operation.
                  We currently have one of the most expensive health services in the world thanks to New Labour.

Having said that I spent a few days in emergency last year and the standard of care was very good.

I don't believe there is much of a delay with hip replacement either...

Comment

Could never see the justification for making Foreign Aid packages exempt from the swingeing cuts that have affected almost every other area of Government Spending. It would have been near the top of sacrificial pots in my book.
                    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                    X