• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Three internet

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Three internet

is down in London. The excuse they gave me was because so many went to the rememberance service it managed to screw up their network. What a load of horsetulip
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Bought three internet dongle last year - total tulip coverage (f all on the train), software did not work properly - now place order for vodafone one.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Bought three internet dongle last year - total tulip coverage (f all on the train), software did not work properly - now place order for vodafone one.
      Do you do any research before buying anything?

Comment

Originally posted by kandr View Post
        Do you do any research before buying anything?
        Of course not. He wouldn't be able to complain bitterly if he only had himself to blame.

Comment

now place order for vodafone one.
          just don't expect miracles
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Using both services at the moment. 3-mobile is slightly less bad than Videophone. Coverage on the train will vary on the type of train and widows fitted. Virgin and Cross Country use a repeater and it works fine for the whole journey. The signal will improve greatly with an proper 6db+ antennae.
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Best of luck with Vodafone. Bought a 3G dongle in April, it was rubbish in the locations I wanted to use it. Returned it within the 7 day no fee period (luckily returned it guaranteed signed for delivery, glad I did). Vodafone are simply unable to deal with this, I'm still getting (and ignoring) bills. Problem seems to be that Vodafone outsource all this stuff to a 3rd party firm and all the support people are called Bob. Totally rubbish service from a rubbish company.
              Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
              Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                Using both services at the moment. 3-mobile is slightly less bad than Videophone. Coverage on the train will vary on the type of train and widows fitted. Virgin and Cross Country use a repeater and it works fine for the whole journey. The signal will improve greatly with an proper 6db+ antennae.
                I know it's probably not the same, but my 3 phone gets tulipe connection on Virgin trains.
                Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

I shall report my findings shortly.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
                    I know it's probably not the same, but my 3 phone gets tulipe connection on Virgin trains.
                    Mobile Internet should be on hsdpa unless AtW has a cheap old dongle
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                    X