• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This is a good one (2 references)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a good one (2 references)

Just had an email from a pimp with this in it:

As an Service level agreement with this particular client, we are required to submit with Cv's at least two relevant references from previous employers in the past three years. If this information is not provided with your up to date CV your application will be disregarded immediately as we cannot process any applicants without this information due to the SLA in action.
    They're getting creative - better watch out...
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Name and shame.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
      Name and shame.
      TechNET IT Recruitment Ltd
      TechNET IT Recruitment - Home
      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
        Just had an email from a pimp with this in it:

They're getting creative - better watch out...
        They may have a SLA for some clients, but each SLA will be different, and I am sure that the most the SLA will say is the need to vet candidates before interview, more likely before offer.
        Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

I told the last ones that tried this to fook off (a more polite version)and terminated the conversation

She rang back 15 mins later saying they had agreed to waiver their standard procedures in this instance
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
            I told the last ones that tried this to fook off (a more polite version)and terminated the conversation

She rang back 15 mins later saying they had agreed to waiver their standard procedures in this instance
            If there is a real role and you are the right match, they soon change their minds.

If they don't there was never a role.
            Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

I knew it!. Just got off the phone with a guy named <mod snip> at Computer Futures for a role and he asked for 2 references as part of their SLA. Immediately alarm bells started ringing, so I said I would have to speak to my bosses first, but then he said they only need their names and later in the interview process they would need contact numbers, so I just told him their names. I knew he could just call them the company and ask to speak to them, so their direct lines weren't needed, but I thought there was a chance it was a real role.

Dirty liar. Mental note, never trust anyone at Computer Futures.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabotnik View Post
                I knew it!. Just got off the phone with a guy named <mod snip> at Computer Futures for a role and he asked for 2 references as part of their SLA. Immediately alarm bells started ringing, so I said I would have to speak to my bosses first, but then he said they only need their names and later in the interview process they would need contact numbers, so I just told him their names. I knew he could just call them the company and ask to speak to them, so their direct lines weren't needed, but I thought there was a chance it was a real role.

Dirty liar. Mental note, never trust anyone at Computer Futures.
                Thats right - you cant be too careful nowadays ?

BTW didnt I meet you at one of your gigs - you were working for Rob at BT ?

Suggested Rrsponse - No Alf - I was actually wokring for Mr X at Company Y

Comment

Working...
                X