• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Community Speed Watch busybodies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Community Speed Watch busybodies

FFS have these people nothing better to do?

Volunteers in Wiltshire have stepped in after roadside speed cameras were switched off across the county because of funding cuts.

Armed with speed guns, the team collects information on speeding motorists and passes it on to the police.
    Nice of the BBC to inform us all that Wiltshire have turned off all their speed cameras. That one on the A4 bypassing Bath has nearly had me a few times.

I bet these people get a nice Doppler effect of fffuuukkKKOOoovvvffff as motorists whizz by.
    Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Originally posted by Alf W View Post

Nice of the BBC to inform us all that Wiltshire have turned off all their speed cameras. That one on the A4 bypassing Bath has nearly had me a few times.

I bet these people get a nice Doppler effect of fffuuukkKKOOoovvvffff as motorists whizz by.
    Maybe these people know people, who have been killed or injured in road accidents related to speeding. There is a reason for speed limits.

Comment

No they haven't. An ageing society, rising unemployment and a nation of people educated to do no useful work is bound to lead to an increase in unwanted busybodying.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

What's your opinion of Neighbourhood Watch Alf?
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Any civilian aiming anything at me and I will have to presume it is a gun and I’ll run them over in self defence.
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            What's your opinion of Neighbourhood Watch Alf?
            Trying to prevent burglary and anti-social behaviour - fantastic.
            Snooping on people stepping on the cracks in the pavement - poor.
            Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

A very good idea. Speed limits are there for a reason.
              Me, me, me...

Comment

Where do they get their equipment from and is it calibrated? Given that they're not likely to be in posession of a warrant card it's their word against yours.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  No they haven't. An ageing society, rising unemployment and a nation of people educated to do no useful work is bound to lead to an increase in unwanted busybodying.
                  Germany in the 20's and 30's and look what happened there...
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

What people should do on seeing these people is to instantly stop their car, call the emergency services and say that you have reason to believe that someone is pointing a gun at you. That might stop them quickly.
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                    X