• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

David Cameron will bow to business and relax immigration cap

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

David Cameron will bow to business and relax immigration cap

What, a govenment not keeping their pledges after being elected - never!

Come on in guys, the water's lovely

Oh look: http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...ain-saved.html
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

It's worth reporting twice...

Comment

Originally posted by TiroFijo View Post
        It's worth reporting twice...
        It's worth repeating again and again when they lie, especially on such an important matter, and it had been reported here before that, not least by me as it was happening. What I'd like to know is whether the numbers allowed in will be greater than was the case under Labour and whether the minimum salary set for ICTs will be applicable to this other route too. Also, is there room for 50,000 IT workers per year in the UK?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
          It's worth repeating again and again when they lie, especially on such an important matter, and it had been reported here before that, not least by me as it was happening. What I'd like to know is whether the numbers allowed in will be greater than was the case under Labour and whether the minimum salary set for ICTs will be applicable to this other route too. Also, is there room for 50,000 IT workers per year in the UK?
          Any economists among us who can work out just how fast the economy would need to be growing to accommodate this and not have an effect on indigenous workers?

When will the government realise that we vote for them not business, feckers.
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
            Any economists among us who can work out just how fast the economy would need to be growing to accommodate this and not have an effect on indigenous workers?

When will the government realise that we vote for them not business, feckers.
            Do you fund their election campaigns? - No
            Do you offer them lucrative Non-Exec Directorships and Consultancy roles after they stand down? No.
            Do you sponsor thinly veiled champagne receptions at their annual conferance? - No.

Are they going to listen to you? No.

You were all warned about voting this lot in.
            Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

They are getting their vote-losing policies out of the way now. They've got a few years before they have to start knocking out vote-winners.

That said, this is daft. We've got millions of British people sitting on their arses, and HMG have been convinced that Bob and the rest are good at what they do.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                They are getting their vote-losing policies out of the way now. They've got a few years before they have to start knocking out vote-winners.

That said, this is daft. We've got millions of British people sitting on their arses, and HMG have been convinced that Bob and the rest are good at what they do.
                What's really tragic is that some of these millions are good people with proper skills who want to work, I don't see any justification for non EU immigrants coming here to work, it's a fecking disgrace that Labour let it happen and it's even worse that the Tories are going to let it carry on.
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

What's really tragic is that some of these millions are good people with proper skills who want to work, I don't see any justification for non EU immigrants coming here to work, it's a fecking disgrace that Labour let it happen and it's even worse that the Tories are going to let it carry on.
                  whs
                  Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Sadly we can't kick a government out mid-term. Or can we? That would keep them on their toes.

Comment

Working...
                    X