• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CV formating - any tips, tools etc?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CV formating - any tips, tools etc?

I want to reformat my CV - Looking for good tips, tools, templates etc for doing that.

Would like to somehow being able to change my mind without going through it line-by line.

Perhaps i should take it as an exercise in CSS?
    (Think I need to deliver Word doc though - not sure how that would work).

Another thing I would like to do is to customize it for specific roles without loosing tracks.

If the source is in the right type of format i could use source control, though perhaps standard Word comparison is just as good.

Thanks!

Comic Sans is the de rigueur contractors font

about 9 pages minimum

Don't forget to list your hobbies

HTH
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Oscar View Post
      I want to reformat my CV - Looking for good tips, tools, templates etc for doing that.

Would like to somehow being able to change my mind without going through it line-by line.

Perhaps i should take it as an exercise in CSS?
      (Think I need to deliver Word doc though - not sure how that would work).

Another thing I would like to do is to customize it for specific roles without loosing tracks.

If the source is in the right type of format i could use source control, though perhaps standard Word comparison is just as good.

Thanks!
      I think a word processor is your best choice, something like Word from Microsoft. That way you wont be the laughing stock of the Agents.

Comment

Don't forget to include full details of two (recent) references - saves the agent/recruiter having to ask and delaying the inevitable interview.

Comment

Originally posted by Oscar View Post
          I want to reformat my CV - Looking for good tips
          Thanks!
          You know, I think you've discovered the ideal font format right there. You'll certainly stand out from the other applicants.
          Oh, I’m sorry….I seem to be lost. I was looking for the sane side of town. I’d ask you for directions, but I have a feeling you’ve never been there and I’d be wasting my time.

Comment

Don't be a square, stand out from the crowd, make an impression, be the one they remember; Word has a host of wonderful text effects from 'Shimmer' and 'Sparkle Text' to 'Las Vegas Lights'.

Who dares wins, Rodders.
            The vegetarian option.

Comment

Blinking text looks great for making things stand out, just remember to hit the print button at the moment when the text is visible
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

Don't forget to put your fighting weight on it.

Seriously try a few of the job boards they have some really good guides free to download.

Get it reviewed by anyone who is willing.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                X