• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How to celebrate 101k?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to celebrate 101k?

Supposedly I managed to invoice for 101k next year, if it were you how would you celebrate?
    I'm thinking of using that extra 1k on something fairly useless like maybe a day on a racetrack in a Ferrari (or being an uptight contractor Aston Martin for £99 or so).

Any good ideas to keep oneself motivated?

1k in Gold Bullion for when the UK goes to the wall in a few years
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

A weekend in Dalmatia.

Comment

Originally posted by xchaotic View Post
        Supposedly I managed to invoice for 101k next year, if it were you how would you celebrate?
        I'm thinking of using that extra 1k on something fairly useless like maybe a day on a racetrack in a Ferrari (or being an uptight contractor Aston Martin for £99 or so).

Celebrate?

I'd be crying in my beer!

Spod - In "DimPrawn" mode!

Comment

Originally posted by xchaotic View Post

You will not be invoicing it all from the same company

AP in keep away from the VAT man mode
          Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
            You will not be invoicing it all from the same company

AP in keep away from the VAT man mode
            Eh, (s)he's well below the flat rate threshold so could actually make a few quid by charging VAT. By invoicing 50K from two sep companies the Op couldn't.

Or is this some Whoooosh moment on my behalf?

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
              Eh, (s)he's well below the flat rate threshold so could actually make a few quid by charging VAT. By invoicing 50K from two sep companies the Op couldn't.

The flat rate is just to lure people into the net.

For me I don't have a consistant income in the UK, if you pay VAT some months and not others they start to ask questions. Also I only have to do my accounts once a year.

It works for me
              Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

I think she means that he's over the 70k limit which means you have to register for VAT. Why she'd want to avoid that, I don't know.

Comment

V. true, still on flat rate for the foreseeable.
                  Investing in metals also has crossed my mind a few times already at 1k I guess I couldn't go wrong and then buy a rent-to-let house for it just at the very end of crisis (when people run out of furniture to heat the house)...

Comment

A meal out at the fat duck and stay in one of the bespoke cottages in the village.
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                    X