• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

After a year's evaluation, I've found the best family car

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After a year's evaluation, I've found the best family car

Tried everything of all different styles, apart from 4x4s which I hate: Panamera(ugly, in bad taste), Skooby estate(bland), Audi estates (common as muck where I live), etc.

The best cars I found for small money were the Octavia estate and the Mazda 6 estate. It's amazing what quality you can get for a budget nowadays.

But one car stood out for value for money, practicality, quality, drive, looks and frugality:

Mercedes Estate C200CDI. A mere £25K (can't really believe its that cheap!) and a very nice car indeed.

Anyone got one as I'm on the verge of ordering it.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Mercedes Estate C200CDI.
    That City work you do must be paying really well.

I guess it's a big step up from Aygo...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      That City work you do must be paying really well.

I guess it's a big step up from Aygo...
      You really believed I drove an Aygo?
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Silver looks best I reckon.

Can't really say much about it, other than a BMW 3 or 5 series 2.0 diesel estate is faster, more economical, handles better and has much better dealer service.

Comment

New 5 series touring wasn't an option?

Comment

Tried everything of all different styles, apart from 4x4s which I hate: Panamera(ugly, in bad taste), Skooby estate(bland), Audi estates (common as muck where I live), etc.

The best cars I found for small money were the Octavia estate and the Mazda 6 estate. It's amazing what quality you can get for a budget nowadays.

But one car stood out for value for money, practicality, quality, drive, looks and frugality:

Mercedes Estate C200CDI. A mere £25K (can't really believe its that cheap!) and a very nice car indeed.

Anyone got one as I'm on the verge of ordering it.
            I had an older model of those once (also had the saloon and that was a great car) and was impressed with it and have heard good things about the newer models. I'm looking at a second car for winter and IKEA use and might go for a second hand one of these as you can pick them up reasonably cheap, just need to make sure that its got a green ozone sticker on it (many diesels don't.)
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

You really believed I drove an Aygo?
              Considering you start a thread about which car you're going to buy every few months, it's as good a guess as anything.

I like the look of the Mazda 6 though, as a non-showy option.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                I like the look of the Mazda 6 though, as a non-showy option.
                It was on sasguru's shortlist, but it had to be dismissed when it was found that it was not wide enough to fit in both of his shoulder chips.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                  It was on sasguru's shortlist, but it had to be dismissed when it was found that it was not wide enough to fit in both of his shoulder chips.

Actually if you'd read between the lines and ignored the obvious Aygo red herring, you'd know my current car is a 6 MPS. Which I'm going to keep as I love it.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    Silver looks best I reckon.

Can't really say much about it, other than a BMW 3 or 5 series 2.0 diesel estate is faster, more economical, handles better and has much better dealer service.
                    I cant see myself driving a Beemer or even Audi, sorry. It screams dickwad with small penis.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X