• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

RBS

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RBS

Anyone still got money in there? What happens if Ireland goes under, and brings RBS (who apparently are heavily exposed) down with it? Does the UK govt (ie us the taxpayer) have to bail it out again?

Genuine questions - there seems to be a lot of speculation out there. It'd be interesting to know the answers.
    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Ireland isn't going under without dragging the rest of Europe with it.

Therefore, you'll probably be alright.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
      Anyone still got money in there? What happens if Ireland goes under, and brings RBS (who apparently are heavily exposed) down with it? Does the UK govt (ie us the taxpayer) have to bail it out again?

Genuine questions - there seems to be a lot of speculation out there. It'd be interesting to know the answers.
      Mmm RBS exposure to the IR is only a few billion.

IR appears unlikely to go bust, they're already talking about bailout cash

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
        Ireland isn't going under without dragging the rest of Europe with it.

Therefore, you'll probably be alright.
        There's been a lot of talk about Europe going under too

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
          There's been a lot of talk about Europe going under too
          Mmm the Euro may go down, but not convinced the EU will fail.

Comment

Didn't Gordo increase the amount of compo we get (correction -we pay out via taxes) when a bank goes under? Could prove to have been his worst policy....
            Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

How long does it take to "print" 100 trillion pounds?

We could bail out the World a million times over.

I wouldn't worry.

Comment

Interestingly, I heard that there is no central printing press for Euros, each country prints their own.

So the Irish could start their own QE if they felt like it...
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Northern & Southern (+Ireland) Euros - the only way
                  How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Can't be bothered to check obviously but seem to recall National Savings and Post Office accounts are with the Bank of Ireland.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                    X