• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Have you ever seen a McDs close down?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Must be a fairly rare event
    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

I once walked for an hour to get to a McD in France only to discover it was closed (too early), so I walked for an hour to the next one and that was a drive-thru only. D'oh!

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
      I once walked for an hour to get to a McD in France only to discover it was closed (too early), so I walked for an hour to the next one and that was a drive-thru only. D'oh!
      You seriously were willing to walk for two hours for a MacD's!! Keeeerist! what were you thinking?
      Jim is a Jedi! - Dara
      Jim is EVIL! - Jenny Eclair

Comment

I went to a McDonalds once and said to the oik behind the counter

"I heard on the Internet you serve pigs arseholes and bulls bell-ends?"

He said

"Yeah, we'll serve anyone here"

Comment

In my dreams
          Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Wodewick View Post
            You seriously were willing to walk for two hours for a MacD's!! Keeeerist! what were you thinking?
            I like the food. Although in France and Spain they don't sell milkshakes for some reason.
            Plus they have WiFi and toilets. I always check out where the McD's are when I go abroad. Very handy.

Comment

Yuck. On an unrelated topic, what does the panel think of Hellmann's mayonnaise? I bought some instead of my usual Salad Cream (Heinz I think) for a salad mix. Didn't taste at all good. Maybe it's not meant to be used like salad cream? Anyway it's destined for the bin I think.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
                Must be a fairly rare event
                They closed my local McD's couple years ago, they must not have got the custom to make it viable, though there were some snooty locals who didn't think it in keeping with the area, I liked it though it was next to my gym . They replaced it with something so much better a frigging Foxtons that looks some wierd office / bar hybrid.

They also closed the Wilmslow McD's a two floor joby, I can even remeber the place opening circa 1984 and going in on the first day.
                Last edited by Bumfluff; 17 November 2010, 21:36.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                  I like the food. Although in France and Spain they don't sell milkshakes for some reason.
                  Plus they have WiFi and toilets. I always check out where the McD's are when I go abroad. Very handy.
                  The ones in England have toilets and often have WiFi, no?

The one in Durham city centre closed down, within 5min walk of about 4 university colleges, which always seemed an odd choice considering it had a captive market.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Yes. They closed the one down in our train station a few years ago and turned it into a €1 shop. A couple of years later it opened again over the road in the pub I used to drink in on a Friday (as Alf Pruffrock used to as well). Mind you, you can get a beer in Mcdonalds here and the latest special is a sausages (Nürnburger) with scrambled egg.
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                    X