• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pushy Americans

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pushy Americans

Got a teleconference later today with some yanks from clientco who are pushing for special treatment for their apps. They want me to be their dedicated contact here and for me to tell them everything about our deployment processes so they can develop a strategy that goes beyond the one that seems to working fine for everyone else.

Spoke to them yesterday and it was like a difficult job interview with them firing questions at me and trying to pick holes in almost everything i said.

How do our esteemed panel deal with such 'Madison Avenue' types?
    Last edited by Jog On; 18 November 2010, 12:03.
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    Got a teleconference later today with some yanks from clientco who are pushing for special treatment for their apps. They want me to be their dedicated contact here and for me to tell them everything about our deployment processes so they can develop a strategy that goes beyond the one that seems to working fine for everyone else.

Spoke to them yesterday and it was like a difficult job interview with them firing questions at me and trying to pick holes in almost everything i said.

Tell them we invested the Web, so feck off.

Comment

Originally posted by kandr View Post
      Tell them we invested the Web, so feck off.
      You're doing this deliberately, aren't you?
      The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
        You're doing this deliberately, aren't you?
        No someone is holding a gun to my head, making me post witty, funny, insightful posts. ???

Comment

Charge them extra and count the money.

Comment

I quite like being pushed - keeps me from getting bored and makes me raise my game.
            ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Ask them if they like Waldorf Salad.
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post

Dedicated bod costs money. Price it high. They'll either pay up, fall in line or go elsewhere.
                Either way, a win from your perspective.
                Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

In my last role we had a few yank devs come onto the project, trying to push their ideas and architectures. All of the UK contractors shot their suggestions down in flames, they were all over engineered, yetanotherframework, overly complex tulip!.

Comment

Originally posted by yorkshireman View Post
                    Charge them extra and count the money.
                    That was my tack in France. Every time they threw a hissy fit I could relax by thinking of the surcharge I was enjoying.
                    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                    X