• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Have you ever seen a McD Close Up ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you ever seen a McD Close Up ?

Apropos the Maccie D thread (which I havnt read, apologies). Has anyone here ever actually worked in one ?
    I have heard some horror stories about what goes on behind the scenes, anyone experienced it ?

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

I thought, last time this came up, someone said they had worked at McD's and said it was fine. Quite unusually for eating establishments.

I worked at a motorway service station while I did my 'A' levels, but don't have horror stories to tell that I recall. Washing of the cutlery was a bit sloppy, and they reused plastic spoons, and sometimes the paper cups. Oh, and the milk in churns was not real milk, that was mixed out the back and poured into a milk churn.

Comment

Worked in one for 6 weeks when I was 17 and doing A-levels in the evenings. Was sacked the day before my 18th birthday. Just by coincidence the pay went up by about 35p per hour at age 18.

It's soul destroying work where everything you do is determined by little beeps and alarms going off all the time.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I think it's unwise to speculate what goes on in any kind of eatery. In expensive restaurants the only difference is the food they spit on is higher quality. Luckily, bodily fluids are normally non-poisonous so better not to think about it IMHO.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          It's soul destroying work where everything you do is determined by little beeps and alarms going off all the time.
          Putting aside my dislike of the food, what I most hate about McD's is the constant beeping of machines. It really gets on my nerves.
          Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
            Putting aside my dislike of the food, what I most hate about McD's is the constant beeping of machines. It really gets on my nerves.
            Get yourself a proper job then!

The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              Never heard of Typhoid Mary then?

Typhoid Mary - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
              I did say normally. The point being the idea of spit/bogeys/other is disgusting but it's actually a slim chance of being harmful especially if the food is subsequently cooked.
              If you go out on the pull, each girl you snog is no more dangerous than each surly waiter you annoy.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

A delightful Swedish girl with whom I was briefly acquainted hated British trains - for many reasons, but mainly because the beeps that the doors kept making when they were opening (or open, or thinking about being open) gave her flashbacks to her hellish teenage Maccy D's days.

Comment

I went into one and purchased food about 17 years ago, but I had done a circle line pub crawl and may have been under the influence.
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I worked in a busy McDs for three weeks - the longest three weeks of my life. Earned my fries badge which I rank quite closely to an entry level military medal. The girl I worked next to on the fries station was vision impaired and frequently burnt me with her fries basket. I bore kriss-cross scars for months afterwards and suffered greatly from post traumatic stress disorder. Sometimes I think about my times there and start rocking back and forth in a trance like state.

The best job was working the bins. Listening to the milkshake cartons explode in the compactor was quite therapeutic. Unfortunately you don't get a star for working the bins.

Comment

Working...
                    X