• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Weird Nation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird Nation

Shoppers boycott French food

Shoppers are reported to be boycotting French produce following reported criticisms of the British and their grub from French President Jacques Chirac.
    What a weird nation we are. Yobbos rule the streets and people grumble but nothing changes. Make a joke about our food and the bloody nation goes into action :rolleyes

It is the press stoking the fire before Paris are awarded the Olympic Games.

Spod.

Comment

Paris gets confirmed tomorrow doesn't it?

Comment

I think most people would rather go to Paris than Laaaaaaaaaaaandaaaaaaaaaaaan

Milan.

Comment

Paris gets confirmed tomorrow doesn't it?
          I think tomorrow is when the result is announced. I can't really see London being awarded the games.

Spod - In "Cynical Old Sod" mode!

Comment

well the Stade de France sucks not built for athletics and by 2012 it will be almost 20 years old and what good is that?

PS. Breaking News - Chirac punched in the face by the Finnish Prime Minister - lol just kidding.

Comment

Boycott of french produce?

A spokesman said: "We have seen a dip this morning in sales of French products like cheeses, apples and even wine as shoppers make their frustrations felt at the supermarket checkout."
              So, one morning is long enough to establish a retail trend? What utter bollox!

Comment

It's just the papers talking up a storm, same as the yanks did with things like "freedom fries", there will be a few right idiots who actually do it for a few days but after that things will be back to normal

The only thing they've ever done for European agriculture is mad cow
                Btw what have the english..or the french for that matter done for European agriculture anyway?
                Besides
                UK: Making mad cow a common term
                Frence: Farmers learning how to block roads and piss off the rest of europe

Comment

> Shoppers are reported to be boycotting French produce following reported criticisms of the British and their grub from French President Jacques Chirac.

I know it makes me sound like a sanctimonious twat, but I've tried to boycot continental European food and goods for years, to do my infinitesimal part in trying to feck up Euroland economies and hasten the breakup of the EU.

Comment

Working...
                  X