• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone use LoveFilm for online PS3 viewing?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone use LoveFilm for online PS3 viewing?

We've been with a couple of DVD-by-post companies in the past, but I notice LoveFilm are now offering online streaming included in several packages.

If anyone uses this I'd love your reviews, and I also have specific questions:

1. Any unlimited package (£9.99 is cheapest) gets unlimited PC/PS3 online viewing, right?
    2. How does the Ps3 thing work... special app or browser-based? Decent controls?
    3. Is it only live streaming, or can you download it first for slower/erratic web connections?

Thankyou!
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

1. Yes the £9.99 package gives unlimited online viewing, not sure how it will cope if you're away watching something and your Mrs is at trying to watch something else

2. PS3 works like iplayer, the link is in the films section not TV. You need to press and hold the PS3 button to exit which suggests its an app... although its probably a web page wrapped in an app

3. No option to download and watch later, which is a shame. Our ADSL is 3mb on a good day
    Picture quality is on a par with iplayer.

There is a free 30 day trial, so why not just give it a go
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Might give it a go, but streaming-only sounds a huge sticking point to me especially for HD. Our raw D/L speed is high enough but certainly on iPlayer HD programs can stutter... one doesn't know if that's our broadband or the iPlayer servers or one of the links in the chain between the two.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        Might give it a go, but streaming-only sounds a huge sticking point to me especially for HD. Our raw D/L speed is high enough but certainly on iPlayer HD programs can stutter... one doesn't know if that's our broadband or the iPlayer servers or one of the links in the chain between the two.
        i don't think lovefilm streams in HD
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
        X