• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Labour to get their dream vision by 2066

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Labour to get their dream vision by 2066

White Britons 'a minority by 2066' -  UK News - MSN News UK

White British people will be a minority in their own country by 2066 if current immigration levels continue, a population expert has claimed.

Professor David Coleman, of Oxford University, said the demographic group would make up less than half the population in "little more" than 50 years.

He said the decline will be caused by record-breaking levels of immigration and the migration of thousands of British nationals abroad over the coming decades.

Is it cos I is white?

And most of those that are white will be eastern European.

Comment

That long? Seems to be happening even quicker in towns and villages round here.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Anglo-Saxons "A Minority by 1166" - Norman Conquest leads to influx of immigrants

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          That long? Seems to be happening even quicker in towns and villages round here.
          Really? I thought non white folk didn't care too much for our countryside?
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Anglo-Saxons "A Minority by 1166" - Norman Conquest leads to influx of immigrants
            Ah yes. Is that the good old leftist "why do people worry about large scale immigration when it's been happening for centuries" argument?

Maybe because it has been happening for centuries and we have seen it was a disaster in terms of social unrest and conflict every single time. Whenever I see this "argument" I have to ask if those advancing it seriously imagine that the Saxons and Normans got along famously or the Vikings/Huguenots/Irish settled in the UK without a hint of a problem.

Maybe we should try learning from history instead of endlessly repeating its mistakes.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Short-term maybe it causes conflict. Long-term, England would've been crap if it never got the Romans, Saxons, etc. Just a bunch of Celts.

I couldn't give a toss what colour people are, the issue is immigration beyond the ability to support them.

So are they saying the population will double in the next 50 years, or will tens of millions of brits emigrate to make room, or what? If current people emigrate and new people immigrate then what exactly is the problem? There's no such thing as an English 'race'.

Also, nice of DP to post a story extrapolating long-term predictions from very few data points. "Current trends" presumably based on the last few years, ignoring the previous few decades, to predict the next half-century. Delightfully hypocritical considering his long-running obsession with global warming data.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                I think you'll find that the Normans were far outnumbered by the Anglo-Saxons. They simply interbred instead. Still, you made your point.

Now the Scots, we're still a pure race.

Wha's Like Us? Damn Few And They're A' Died!
                "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
                  Now the Scots, we're still a pure race.
                  Like I said, celts the lot of you.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    Like I said, celts the lot of you.
                    Actually, the 'Scots' are made up of Picts, Gaels, Angles, Anglo-Saxons, Britons and Norse. Of those only the Britons, Gaels and Picts were true Celts.

Scots Gaelic is classed as a 'Celtic' language though, so I'll let you off.
                    "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Working...
                    X