• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Irish Bankruptcy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Irish Bankruptcy

So the Celtic Tiger is dead?

The irish property boom in the last ten years drove Ireland to new heights of prosperity. It's failure has yet to hit the people hard but it won't be long.

A massive budget next month will hit the country hard. There have been upto 50% drops in property
    prices.

On the plus side though, does the panel believe that purchasing a holiday home in Ireland may be a good idea next year?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

To be sure, to be sure.

Comment

Didn't they also boom out of being in the EU? I thought I read some time back that they received 6 times as much from the EU as they put in.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        So the Celtic Tiger is dead?

The irish property boom in the last ten years drove Ireland to new heights of prosperity. It's failure has yet to hit the people hard but it won't be long.

A massive budget next month will hit the country hard. There have been upto 50% drops in property
        prices.

On the plus side though, does the panel believe that purchasing a holiday home in Ireland may be a good idea next year?
        Depends on if you don't want a return on your investment any time soon.
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
          Depends on if you don't want a return on your investment any time soon.
          Well I'm thinking holiday home in all truth. Beautiful country.

I only know Cork and Dublin. Where would anyone recommend near the sea for 150k Euros
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I only know Cork and Dublin. Where would anyone recommend near the sea for 150k Euros
            Try Galway popular holiday area, good restaurants, oyster festival and good theatre/culture festivals though can be a tad touristy, Mayo - (Westport is quite nice, good golf courses, good recreational areas for kids), less touristy, tad rural but lovely countryside.
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

For you? I recommend Limerick. Lovely little estate like Moyross will be right up your street.
              "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

I doubt you'll be able to get anything substantial for 150E.

I suppose it depends on where you want to be.

Somewhere near the sea, good transport - what about Howth ?

Comment

Be careful about that. 300,000 houses lying empty in Ireland, including 200 'ghost estates'
                  Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
                    For you? I recommend Limerick. Lovely little estate like Moyross will be right up your street.
                    Stab city, nice!
                    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Working...
                    X