• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A Visit To The National Arboretum At Westonbirt

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Visit To The National Arboretum At Westonbirt

On Wednesday, as part of our staycation, Malc and I paid a visit to Westonbirt Arboretum. By and large it was very enjoyable but we both identified huge opportunities for improvement and we discussed this at length whilst munching on our dainties in the tea shop prior to our departure. Allow me to elaborate.

Firstly, we both came to the conclusion that there should be a dress code. Why oh why oh why do people have to go round in such an array of multicoloured cagoulery? Every time I had the perfect shot framed in my viewfinder, some inconsiderate individual bedecked in aquamarine gortex would stray into focus and completely upset the colour balance of my shot.

Next, I would set a limit on the number of photographs that can be taken by visitors. Time and time again our perambulation was ruined by having to stop start stop start in order not to get in anyone's photograph. This could be achieved by banning cameras and furnishing the gift shop with disposable cameras with a limit of, say, 5 pictures. These could be sold at a premium with a percentage going to charity perhaps.

I welcome the fact that dogs are banned in the upper wood but I'd like to see them banned in the lower wood too. On a number of occasions I had to put myself out to avoid dog dirt and I'm generally afraid of dogs so I found their presence an impediment to my enjoyment. Malc pointed out that maybe guide dogs should be exempt but I can't help thinking that if you are blind, you won't be going to an arboretum to see the autumn colours. So come on Forestry Commission, a total ban on dogs please.

Finally, I would recommend the erection of signs asking selfish parents (mostly single mothers, I couldn't help noticing) to keep the decibel levels of their noisy offspring to a minimum so as not to ruin the peace and quiet for others.

I intend composing a letter comprised of the body of this post and sending it to the Forestry Commission. I will let you know when I receive a response.

**** off! Seriously.

Comment

Is Malc your boyfriend?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        Is Malc your boyfriend?
        Don't be facetious.

Comment

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
          On Wednesday, as part of our staycation, Malc and I paid a visit to Westonbirt Arboretum. By and large it was very enjoyable but we both identified huge opportunities for improvement and we discussed this at length whilst munching on our dainties in the tea shop prior to our departure. Allow me to elaborate.

Firstly, we both came to the conclusion that there should be a dress code. Why oh why oh why do people have to go round in such an array of multicoloured cagoulery? Every time I had the perfect shot framed in my viewfinder, some inconsiderate individual bedecked in aquamarine gortex would stray into focus and completely upset the colour balance of my shot.

Next, I would set a limit on the number of photographs that can be taken by visitors. Time and time again our perambulation was ruined by having to stop start stop start in order not to get in anyone's photograph. This could be achieved by banning cameras and furnishing the gift shop with disposable cameras with a limit of, say, 5 pictures. These could be sold at a premium with a percentage going to charity perhaps.

I welcome the fact that dogs are banned in the upper wood but I'd like to see them banned in the lower wood too. On a number of occasions I had to put myself out to avoid dog dirt and I'm generally afraid of dogs so I found their presence an impediment to my enjoyment. Malc pointed out that maybe guide dogs should be exempt but I can't help thinking that if you are blind, you won't be going to an arboretum to see the autumn colours. So come on Forestry Commission, a total ban on dogs please.

Finally, I would recommend the erection of signs asking selfish parents (mostly single mothers, I couldn't help noticing) to keep the decibel levels of their noisy offspring to a minimum so as not to ruin the peace and quiet for others.

I intend composing a letter comprised of the body of this post and sending it to the Forestry Commission. I will let you know when I receive a response.
          I love you. Marry me.

Comment

Originally posted by BdP View Post
            I love you. Marry me.
            Will you fight Malc for his love?

Comment

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
              Why oh why oh why do people have to go round in such an array of multicoloured cagoulery?
              Don't you go round in a fluorescent yellow condom?

Comment

Comment

Working...
                X