• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Eating on the train

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eating on the train

Last night this bloke got on my train around 6 and started chomping through his dinner. Wouldn't normally bother me but this was a large donner with all the trimmings. stank the whole place out and the spectacle was pretty appaling - great slithers of the elephants leg disapearing down his gob.

Then this morning at London Bridge this woman gets on with a full burger king combo and plonks herself down next to me and tucks in - at 7.30AM for chrissake!

I'm starting to sound like Victor Meldrew so I'll pack it in now.

rant over.

The joys of living in that there London / SE.

Packed in like sardines, and paying a fortune for the privelege.

Comment

I had a kfc on the train last week. Got abuse from some teenage girls (in a fairly good-natured, humorous way) when I dropped some of it on the floor. I'd had 10 pints after work though

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Exactly, its like people who buy brands of clothing just because they are fashionable, i.e. if you see some plonkers walking about with Fitch in large writing on thier clothes, not only did they pay over the odds but they are paying to advertise. May as well say "I am a moron".

Comment

Originally posted by kandr View Post
          Exactly, its like people who buy brands of clothing just because they are fashionable, i.e. if you see some plonkers walking about with Fitch in large writing on thier clothes, not only did they pay over the odds but they are paying to advertise. May as well say "I am a moron".
          You're a moron.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
            You're a moron.
            FITCH

Comment

Originally posted by singhr View Post
              Last night this bloke got on my train around 6 and started chomping through his dinner. Wouldn't normally bother me but this was a large donner with all the trimmings. stank the whole place out and the spectacle was pretty appaling - great slithers of the elephants leg disapearing down his gob.

Then this morning at London Bridge this woman gets on with a full burger king combo and plonks herself down next to me and tucks in - at 7.30AM for chrissake!

I'm starting to sound like Victor Meldrew so I'll pack it in now.

rant over.
              Just start picking you nose and inspecting the results in front of them and/or start farting loudly? That should do the trick

The train I can understand.... it's the people who get a salad or Mac D's out on the tube, with all the crap flying around like the dandruff from that fat sweaty bloke who insists on standing in front of the door with the open window

Comment

The worst thing is sitting across from someone who eats or chews gum with their mouth open and with accompanying sound effects.
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                  The worst thing is sitting across from someone who eats or chews gum with their mouth open and with accompanying sound effects.
                  See my previous tip...except start flicking, see if you can score before the close it

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Reminds me of a cousin who opened up a high end delicatessen in Fulham Road thinking that he would get good sales. The problem was that the locals had over stretched themselves so much getting a mortgage for a property in that area; they had little or no disposable income. They were for ever wanted to buy on credit or pay by cheque for three pounds worth of cheese.
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                    X