• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Drinking Habits

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drinking Habits

Just wanted to see how much people drink and how often. I usually drink one or two nights a (Fri-Sat), usually around 4-5 pints of premium lager each night.

Looking at the limits the government state I am a binge drinker
    None
    29.03%
    Under Limit
    16.13%
    Around Limit
    16.13%
    Over Limit
    9.68%
    The sky is the limit
    22.58%
    My name is AndyW and I am an Alcoholic
    6.45%
    Last edited by kandr; 19 November 2010, 14:35.

Originally posted by kandr View Post
    I usually drink or two nights a (Fri-Sat)
    are you drinking now?

Comment

Originally posted by kandr View Post
      Just wanted to see how much people drink and how often. I usually drink or two nights a (Fri-Sat), usually around 4-5 pints of premuim lager each night.

Looking at the limits the government state I am a binge drinker
      You are what you drink, and I'm a bitter man...

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
        are you drinking now?
        Yeah, water as I am at work.

Comment

If you want us to know where we are relative to the limits, maybe you should post a link or something.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I drink about 7 bottles of wine a week and about ten pints. No idea what that is in units or whether it is high or low?
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              If you want us to know where we are relative to the limits, maybe you should post a link or something.
              Three pints of beer, three times per week, is at least 18-20 units per week. That is nearly the upper weekly safe limit for a man. However, each drinking session of three pints is at least six units, which is more than the safe limit advised for any one day. Another example: a 750 ml bottle of 12% wine contains nine units. If you drink two bottles of 12% wine over a week, that is 18 units. This is above the upper safe limit for a woman.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                I drink about 7 bottles of wine a week and about ten pints. No idea what that is in units or whether it is high or low?
                Its high, but I think the limits where made up of bedwetters.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  9x7 + 3x10 ~ 100 units per week. Alledgedly 5x the recommended safe limit. And even that is supposed to be consumed not all at once, and with alcohol-free days in between.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    9x7 + 3x10 ~ 100 units per week. Alledgedly 5x the recommended safe limit. And even that is supposed to be consumed not all at once, and with alcohol-free days in between.
                    Sounds high, but I don't always plan to drink that much.

One day I'll be dead.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X