• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

An Explanation...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An Explanation...

...vis a vis my absence.

I'm touched that the good people of CUK have noticed my absence. Indeed, the mods have even changed my status to "gricerboy is probably on the bench".
    Well, it so happens that I have been on the bench but I'm coming back. I have a crisp new contract in hand and an exciting new train journey to boot so I'll soon be regailing you all of my daily capers in my morning train thread.

I'd like to point out that I have been lurking over the past few weeks but I have held back from posting by the awful quality of the posts. We've had the inane burblings of Milan bloody Penes and then there's that AWFUL upstart Kandahar who comes waltzing in here behaving like he's an old sweat. Wish he was in Kandahar, preferably with his foot on an IED.

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
    I'm touched that the good people of CUK have noticed my absence.
    We missed you badly!

How was your train journey today?

Comment

that AWFUL upstart Kandahar
      If you mean kandr then, for once, I have to say I agree with you.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        We missed you like we would miss an itchy scrotum!
        ftfy

PS - Hello Have I missed much? (well except the apparent lack of Gimpy)

Comment

...vis a vis my absence.

I'm touched that the good people of CUK have noticed my absence.
          Noun
          1.vis-a-vis
          - a person or thing having the same function or characteristics as another
          equivalent - a person or thing equal to another in value or measure or force or effect or significance etc;
          match - something that resembles or harmonizes with; "that tie makes a good match with your jacket"
          mismatch - a bad or unsuitable match
          complement - either of two parts that mutually complete each other
          2.vis-a-vis small sofa that seats two people

Adv. 1. vis-a-vis - face-to-face

How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
            Noun
            1.vis-a-vis
            - a person or thing having the same function or characteristics as another
            equivalent - a person or thing equal to another in value or measure or force or effect or significance etc;
            match - something that resembles or harmonizes with; "that tie makes a good match with your jacket"
            mismatch - a bad or unsuitable match

Adv. 1. vis-a-vis - face-to-face

Don't correct Threaded on spellings and meanings. He'll only pop back in time and scribble it in to Dr Johnsons tome and then where will you be?
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

...vis a vis my absence.

I'm touched that the good people of CUK have noticed my absence. Indeed, the mods have even changed my status to "gricerboy is probably on the bench".
              Well, it so happens that I have been on the bench ...
              If you were on the bench, doesn't that mean you should have been posting more?

Or was this bench on a railway station platform?
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

...vis a vis my absence.

Well, it so happens that I have been on the bench but I'm coming back. I have a crisp new contract in hand and an exciting new train journey to boot so I'll soon be regailing you all of my daily capers in my morning train thread.

I'd like to point out that I have been lurking over the past few weeks but I have held back from posting by the awful quality of the posts. We've had the inane burblings of Milan bloody Penes and then there's that AWFUL upstart Kandahar who comes waltzing in here behaving like he's an old sweat. Wish he was in Kandahar, preferably with his foot on an IED.
                You misunderstood us. We didn't want an explanation for your absence, we wanted an extension of your absence.

HTH
                You won't be alerting anyone to anything with a mouthful of mixed seeds.

Comment

Excellent. Anyone who annoys certain other ones is ok with me.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                    If you were on the bench, doesn't that mean you should have been posting more?

Or was this bench on a railway station platform?
                    Most major railway stations have WiFi, obviously he's been sleeping rough at some minor ones
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                    X