• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Maggie had a willy and a crystal ball

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maggie had a willy and a crystal ball

Margaret Thatcher knew the single currency would devastate Europe – Telegraph Blogs

Boll0x.

Ireland, Greece and some others are not shafted because of single currency, but because they engaged into hot air tulip spekulation.

Granted they would have been called earlier on if they had not been part of a reserve currency club, but that's really something that can be changed in rules of membership.

Comment

You don't need to be the genius to predict Ireland, Greece and Spain could not hang on to Germany.

"Margaret Thatcher’s autobiography, first published in 1993"

I read it 3 times.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Boll0x.

Ireland, Greece and some others are not shafted because of single currency, but because they engaged into hot air tulip spekulation.

Granted they would have been called earlier on if they had not been part of a reserve currency club, but that's really something that can be changed in rules of membership.
        They are shafted because they cannot set their currency lower to attract income, Ireland with it's 6 million people are tied to Germany, so are Greece and the dead weight of Spain. We are fecked because we have to trade with these deat beats.

West Germany has spent nearly 20 years getting the East Germany productive, they cannot do it. why they wanted to push their little experiment onto us and we accepted is another matter.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
          They are shafted because they cannot set their currency lower to attract income, Ireland with it's 6 million people are tied to Germany, so are Greece and the dead weight of Spain. We are fecked because we have to trade with these deat beats.

West Germany has spent nearly 20 years getting the East Germany productive, they cannot do it. why they wanted to push their little experiment onto us and we accepted is another matter.
          I thought East Germany had been integrated by now. and didnt they have lots of coal and other resources ?

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

they cannot set their currency lower to attract income
            That's the whole point of single currency - makes it harder for parasites to get their way on the back of others by dropping currency value.

For countries that import a lot (like UK) it's not a solution anyway.

Comment

You don't need to be the genius to predict Ireland, Greece and Spain could not hang on to Germany.

"Margaret Thatcher’s autobiography, first published in 1993"

I read it 3 times. My curtains were filthy.
              FTFY

AtW is no genius, so did he predict it?
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Amusing article. I particularly like this sentence:

[on the Euro]
                The Financial Times, a newspaper whose judgment has been wrong on every great economic issue of the last 40 years, was another supporter.

Comment

Working...
                X