• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pupils to be punished for bad English

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pupils to be punished for bad English

Education: pupils will lose marks for poor grammar and spelling
    Pupils will be penalised in exams for poor spelling, punctuation and grammar under a sweeping overhaul
    of the education system.

Teenagers will lose up to five per cent of marks in GCSE examinations if they fail to display high standards of written English.

The rules, which are likely to apply to all subjects, including mathematics and science, follow claims that thousands of children leave school without being able to compose a sentence, spell difficult words or write a coherent letter or email.

The move, to be outlined in an education White Paper next week, would reverse a Labour decision seven years ago to scrap rewards for good literacy

More from source: Education: pupils will lose marks for poor grammar and spelling - Telegraph

------

F***!!

I've known a nice looking girl who got kicked out from good school because she did not master English language well enough... it was back in late 80s in USSR!

That's the way it was in the Major years when I did mine. 5% for "s.p.g." in science exams. At the time I thought it was harsh - you didn't get marked down in English exams for having crap maths.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      I've known a nice looking girl who got kicked out from good school because she did not master English language well enough... it was back in late 80s in USSR!
      Did they kidnep her?

Comment

Working...
      X