• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Limited Company Accountancy: Your referrals and Costs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Limited Company Accountancy: Your referrals and Costs

Dear All,

I happened to walk into the world of a contractor purely by fluke. I've set up my limited company. Now I'm looking for an accountant. for max 45K income, who do you work with? How much do they charge you? There is going to be nothing extraordinary in the accounts.

Basically, Contract income.
    Expenses, Travel Expenses, LCD Screen, Laptop, Training Courses(Relative to my work)

Anyone that you recommend?
    How much should this process cost?
    What about per month charging companies?
    Who to avoid?

I am logging my experiences regarding setting up the company, accountancy issues etc. I naturally compared all options like all of us; umbrella, Isle of Man options and Limited. Limited company isn't the most beneficial and it is clearly the most complicated process, but I want to keep track of these issues, because this should be an easy process. It is a legal process that has fair taxation issues. Business should be easy for all us. Expect more posts from me on the topic.

Cheers,

Demir

If you are considering Isle of Man schemes, do a search on BN66, that should put you off!

As for accountants, search on that, I use Nixon Williams and they charge £75 per month
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

And I can recommend InTouch - see linky on this page - £75 a month as well. Dead simple to administer - about 1 hour per month - as it's all done online. They do all the hard paperwork submissions on your behalf and you just need to pay things when you are told to.

Comment

Originally posted by Dearnla View Post
        And I can recommend InTouch - see linky on this page - £75 a month as well. Dead simple to administer - about 1 hour per month - as it's all done online. They do all the hard paperwork submissions on your behalf and you just need to pay things when you are told to.
        I would love to also recommend Nixon Williams. but i'm not going too as i'm currently very happy with the service I get and don't want them to take on any more clients!!!

Cloud Computing - Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Working...
        X