• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anybody watched the program about RyanA1r?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody watched the program about RyanA1r?

Creepy..... not sure if I want to flight with them again... the conditions in which workers are pressured are worse than those of pharaon's slaves.
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Yes I did see that. Luckily have never flown with Ryanair and never will. Their cheap fares are a myth and it usually only costs an extra 30-40 to fly with a decent airline. Plus they usually fly to out-of-the-way airports, so if you add the transit costs .....
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
      Yes I did see that. Luckily have never flown with Ryanair and never will. Their cheap fares are a myth and it usually only costs an extra 30-40 to fly with a decent airline. Plus they usually fly to out-of-the-way airports, so if you add the transit costs .....
      Well, some of the complaints are not fair. They tell you where is the airport and it's your duty to make sure how to go where you need to go. Plus in some cases it might be not a problem at all (for me Rome Ciampino is more convenient than the main airport for example).
      I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Missed it, but I see the CEO has placed all the communication between the production company and the airline.

Interesting reading!

Comment

Intervention by the appropriate authorities over their dodgy practices should be swift and brutal.

Never flown with them, don't want to fly with them and after last night, never will fly with them.

Going direct to major airports is much easier and not much more expensive.

Never mind Ryanair, more like Dodgyair

Comment

for those of us that didn't see it, what were the main points?

Comment

I love the way they charge their cabin crew £25.00 per month for the uniforms and charge £1500 for the training!

With cabin crew only getting £36.00 per return flight and working over 10 hours per shift on 3 return flights they can be only earning barely above minimum wage after all Ryanair's "deductions" !

Comment

Originally posted by ~Craig~
                for those of us that didn't see it, what were the main points?
                - Exploitation of cabin crew
                - Fast turnaround threating safety (e.g. an escape slide not having enough pressure and being ignored)
                - Lax vetting and security of staff
                - Dirty planes

Allegedly, of course.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Hart-floot
                  I love the way they charge their cabin crew £25.00 per month for the uniforms and charge £1500 for the training!

With cabin crew only getting £36.00 per return flight and working over 10 hours per shift on 3 return flights they can be only earning barely above minimum wage after all Ryanair's "deductions" !
                  Expecting airline staff to repay their training costs is normal industry practice.

'renting' the uniform does seem a bit OTT though.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
                    For me, 40 quid more is a 100% increase. And that's just to change to another low cost airline, albeit a more polite one.

To fly with a 'real' airline is usually 80 quid more or three times the price.

As to the airport location, then that is a personal thing. On both my current and previous assignment, the 'middle of nowhere' airport that FR flys to, is far more convenient than the main airport that normal airlines fly use. I am happy to fly to these airports, I just wish that a better airline did.

AIH I am currently choosing not to fly FR because it is winter. I can't risk getting bumped onto a flight in a weeks time if the airport closes due to the weather (which it has at least once).

tim

Comment

Working...
                    X