• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Ashes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Ashes

Can't wait.

Should be going over for the Sydney test.

Should be good. England have got a better chance than last time.

Proper captain for a start (christ, who picked Flintoff as captain last time?)

Besides, since bodyline we only win over there with a captain from Middlesex or Yorkshire.

Proper preparation too, and Australia aren't as good.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      Can't wait.

Should be going over for the Sydney test.
      I had been toying with going over, but not going to manage a trip until next year.

Looking forward to it. If we don't win this by 3+ then there is no hope for English cricket!
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I got myself all dressed up for the occasion.

I'm getting myself into that time zone for the first test, girly is going to kill me when I arrive at the house with 24 VB when she is going to bed. She is going to be even more raging when I cart my soggy half cut arse into bed 1 hour before she gets up for work. I expect to be chucked by late December after 4 weeks of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
          Should be good. England have got a better chance than last time.

Proper captain for a start (christ, who picked Flintoff as captain last time?)

Besides, since bodyline we only win over there with a captain from Middlesex or Yorkshire.

Proper preparation too, and Australia aren't as good.
          I think that that is the critical factor in the coming battle.

I did have a concern that England's bowlers would not be effective in the Australian conditions but it looks like they have taken the right ones.

Comment

Looks like Pietersen has got a bit of form back.

Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

I think australia are going to win this one 3-0.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                I think australia are going to win this one 3-0.
                If you're prepared to pay 7 figures, you can probably find out the result now

Seriously, cricket's reputation has some major rebuilding to do following the Pakistan debacle. How can fans have any confidence that what they are seeing isn't contrived.

Comment

Originally posted by centurian View Post
                  If you're prepared to pay 7 figures, you can probably find out the result now

Seriously, cricket's reputation has some major rebuilding to do following the Pakistan debacle. How can fans have any confidence that what they are seeing isn't contrived.
                  I think with the Autralians and English that is not going to happen.

Comment

2-1 to England.

Those writing off the Aussies are (to quote the classic Aussie movie The Castle) are dreaming
                    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
                    X