• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Migrant Cap - Intra- Company Transfers salary set at £40,000

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Migrant Cap - Intra- Company Transfers salary set at £40,000

BBC News - UK government agrees on non-EU skilled migration cap
    The government is to cap the number of non-EU skilled migrants allowed into the UK at about 43,000 next year, down 13% on 2009, the BBC understands.

Staff transferred by their companies from another country will be exempt if their salary is more than £40,000.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

The Indian arm of a largish British company has recently been shipping its staff back to Indian so it doesn't have to pay the new "minimum" wage.
    Last edited by OrangeHopper; 23 November 2010, 08:05.

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeHopper View Post
      The Indian arm of a largish British company has recently been shipping its staff back to Indian so it doesn't have to pay the new "minimum" wage.
      That's a shame. I bet half the Bobs thought they were in line for a massive hike in pay.

Oi Bob, you're here because you're cheap, not because of your skills.
      Last edited by SupremeSpod; 23 November 2010, 08:11.

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeHopper View Post
        I suppose they have to convince those from poorer EU accession countries that £20,000 is a good wage for the UK.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I'm waiting for 'Salary' to subtley change to 'Package' and then to 'total employment cost including expenses' - £40K equates to roughly £150 per day, so if you're charging more than that, Bob's still cheaper.

Comment

£40k salary (if salary) + employer NI sounds like big enough barrier to prevent obvious abuse, assuming it will be policed pretty well.

Comment

If this works....

it's going to be very quiet at Sunbury-on-Thames and Martlesham to name but two places.

Mind you, half of the jobs have been offshored already.

Another day, another time to find a way around the rules.
              Be seeing you

Comment

This is wonderful news, all hail the Coalition!

Comment

Originally posted by beep View Post
                  it's going to be very quiet at Sunbury-on-Thames and Martlesham to name but two places.

Mind you, half of the jobs have been offshored already.

Another day, another time to find a way around the rules.
                  Who's based there then?

I think BT and C+W are the worst abusers of ICT's. Steria are meant to be bad for it as well. Bob-a-Job companies.

"I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Originally posted by markmm View Post
                    This is wonderful news, all hail the Coalition!
                    If you want to thank anyone - thank the PCG. Cue lots of groaning.....
                    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Working...
                    X