• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rockabilly and Investment banking

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rockabilly and Investment banking

I was vaguely thinking about trying my hand in London at an investment bank, but does it fit with a part time Rockabilly career, can you plan your evenings and weekends?

We're booking regular gigs now, and I wouldn't want some computing project to jeopardise a Rockabilly evening.
    I'm alright Jack

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    I was vaguely thinking about trying my hand in London at an investment bank, but does it fit with a part time Rockabilly career, can you plan your evenings and weekends?

We're booking regular gigs now, and I wouldn't want some computing project to jeopardise a Rockabilly evening.
    Depends on the role and the manager, and the amount of flexibility you need.

I'm tend to be in at 7:45-8a.m. and out on the dot at 5p.m.

I've left before 5 on a couple of occasions without any issues.

Only issue I had was when I had a doctors appointment once and and worked 12-8p.m. and the manager wouldn't signoff my timesheet because he ASSUMED I had worked a half day.

In general though its been fine, just discuss it with the agent and manager.
    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Working...
    X