• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Friday, April 29 - it's announced

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday, April 29 - it's announced

Right. Travel Agents. Now!
    Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
    Right. Travel Agents. Now!
    Thank **** for that.

Comment

Originally posted by BBC
      The extra holiday will fall in the same week as Easter Monday, giving millions of workers a three-day week.
      So that'll be a week somewhere warm then.

Anyone up for a CUK diving trip to Sharm or Bonaire?

I'm sure Mrs PL will want to enjoy the festivities so a week's pass is almost guaranteed.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
        So that'll be a week somewhere warm then.

Anyone up for a CUK diving trip to Sharm or Bonaire?

I'm sure Mrs PL will want to enjoy the festivities so a week's pass is almost guaranteed.
        Bloody typical. Going to lose a days money now.

Bloody Royals!
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Aye MF. I did raise an eyebrow when Mrs PL managed to complain about the cost of the security to the taxpayer but how happy she was about getting a paid day off work in almost the same sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            Bloody typical. Going to lose a days money now.

Bloody Royals!
            That was my first reaction. I'm already 'bah humbugging' about the Xmas bank holidays. It falls on a weekend but there are an extra 2 days of non-billing
            "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

The Royal family with the Middletons will pay for the wedding out of private money, said the aide.
              I'd love to be a fly on the wall during the negotiations of who pays for what.
              Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                That was my first reaction. I'm already 'bah humbugging' about the Xmas bank holidays. It falls on a weekend but there are an extra 2 days of non-billing
                Count yourself lucky - doors close to contractors here on the 17th Dec and don't reopen until the new year. While I normally take around 2 weeks off for Christmas, I like it to be my decision!
                Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Will it be a white wedding?

Comment

William said that he will “support a public holiday”. Shall I invoice him?
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                    X