• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

20 Years For This

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

20 Years For This

Twenty years as a contractor are about to come to an end. The war chest can't continue to fund my fishing habit so needs must and all that. The "contract of employment" sits signed on my desk and only needs to be posted.

Any advice?

Originally posted by OrangeHopper View Post
    Any advice?
    Don't stop looking for contracts while you're living in permiedoom. Make sure there's a get out clause so you can leave quickly once you find a contract.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Noooooooooo!

Seriously though, if it makes financial sense and sits well with your lifestyle, get it signed and in the post asap.

Best of luck with it.

Comment

Yikes, 20 years and you don't have a retire-able warchest... what kind of fishing do you do?!
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I don't want to return to the dark side but I would rather that than risk things by waiting too long for the next contract. I suspect only a very few of us get to retire early as it is.

Comment

Ô rage ! ô désespoir ! ô vieillesse ennemie !
            N'ai-je donc tant vécu que pour cette infamie ?
            Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

Comment

Twenty years as a contractor are about to come to an end. The war chest can't continue to fund my fishing habit so needs must and all that. The "contract of employment" sits signed on my desk and only needs to be posted.

Any advice?
              Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooo!
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Sorry but I have just posted the signed contract of employment (spit). The daily commute to London beckons.

Comment

Any advice?
                  Keep your Ltd running for a while. Check your contract, you may be on a shorter notice period for the first few months, use that to keep applying for contracts. As soon as you're permie the contract roles will start coming thick and fast. That's what happened to me; I lasted a month in permiedoom.

Comment

Sorry but I have just posted the signed contract of employment (spit). The daily commute to London beckons.
                    Fingers crossed the market picks up for you next year, if you've got a months notice you should be OK.
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                    X