• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone watching the markets today?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone watching the markets today?

Looks like Ireland is the new Greece.

Not that again FFS.....
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    Looks like Ireland is the new Greece.

Not that again FFS.....
    Did anyone see Newsnight last night, had various economists on, all where predicting Doom for the eurozone.

Greece 10 year bonds almost hiting 12%

Comment

I like the way Labour committed the UK to help pay for eurozone bail-outs just as they were leaving office.

Or rather I don't like it at all.

Comment

Originally posted by markmm View Post
        Did anyone see Newsnight last night, had various economists on, all where predicting Doom for the eurozone.

Greece 10 year bonds almost hiting 12%
        "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
          I like the way Labour committed the UK to help pay for eurozone bail-outs just as they were leaving office.

Or rather I don't like it at all.
          I was reading that Darling phoned Osborne to ask what he though of this just before he signed it, Osborne said don't commit the UK to anything, allegedly.

Comment

I wonder if we'll see another crash by the time we get to Portugal, Spain, Italy,
            Greece MkII, and Ireland MkII ..

Comment

Don't panic....the Irish will, after much hand wringing, agree to the IMF that will put them into poverty for a generation or two, or at least until they've paid off the 80 billion (isn't that a million per head?), and we get to keep our stock portfolios intact.

If they default or leave the Euro that'll put everyone else in the "poo" as well. Will probably trigger a mass European bankruptcy
              Last edited by BlasterBates; 23 November 2010, 17:30.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                ... or at least until they've paid off the 80 billion (isn't that a million per head?),
                If Ireland had a population of 80000, you would be correct.

Comment

Isn't the between North and South Korea partly to blame as well?
                  Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                    Don't panic....the Irish will, after much hand wringing, agree to the IMF that will put them into poverty for a generation or two, or at least until they've paid off the 80 billion (isn't that a million per head?), and we get to keep our stock portfolios intact.

If they default or leave the Euro that'll put everyone else in the "poo" as well. Will probably trigger a mass European bankruptcy
                    One should always read the local media, to get their perspective on events..

Taoiseach rejects Fine Gael call to bring budget forward - The Irish Times - Tue, Nov 23, 2010
                    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Working...
                    X