• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Coppers last night (3D version)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coppers last night (3D version)

I was driving home from the motorway roundabout through the airport tunnels to Wilmslow.

This guy at the motorway roundabout in a jeep undertakes, honks horn, headlights on full beam, so I stop to let the loon overtake. He stays behind me in clear road rage.

As he refuses to overtake and insists on sitting on my bumper I go nice and slow, around mid 30’s up to the tunnel.

When we get to the tunnel, jeep guy overtakes and slow down to around 20, goading me into overtaking.

I stay well back, another driver sees the conflict and gets between myself and jeep, which diffused things. As an advanced motorist I know you deal with road rage by sitting back and not doing speed. Perfectly happy with my textbook response.

End of problem.

Until I got home – 10 minutes after arriving the police are at the door, making out I was causing road rage. The third driver who stuck his oar in called the police just giving them both reg numbers, police come round accusing me of making the jeep guy angry. Which is tosh as you only make yourself angry.

There was more speculation from this PC and dumb PCSO with him than a company audit. Said something about road rage in 2009 on his PDA but he could not tell me about it. It is actually because I saw a road rage incident on the motorway (a truck crashed into a woman in her car shunting to the crash barrier – I phoned it in to get her an ambulance). Could not think about this on the spot, which did not help PC’s attitude.

Respect for the police is now rock bottom.

I find reading all Wilmsloooooooooooow's posts with the voice of Frank Spencer helps with the comedic aspect.

Oooo Betty!

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
      As an advanced motorist I know you deal with road rage by sitting back and not doing speed.
      I know what you mean. Amphetamines and driving don't mix for me anymore either.
      Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
      +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
        This guy at the motorway roundabout in a jeep undertakes, honks horn, headlights on full beam, so I stop to let the loon overtake. He stays behind me in clear road rage.
        If he undertook you how was he still behind you?

I stay well back, another driver sees the conflict and gets between myself and jeep, which diffused things.
        Does anyone really do that?

As an advanced motorist

Until I got home – 10 minutes after arriving the police are at the door, making out I was causing road rage. The third driver who stuck his oar in called the police just giving them both reg numbers, police come round accusing me of making the jeep guy angry. Which is tosh as you only make yourself angry.
        You make me angry.

Respect for the police is now rock bottom.
        Why because they received a report from a 3rd party and actually turned up to follow up? I'm quite impressed. They have no way to know who is at fault... and based on your history of always being a victim, somehow I'd like to hear the other guy's story.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          If he undertook you how was he still behind you?

Does anyone really do that?

You make me angry.

Why because they received a report from a 3rd party and actually turned up to follow up? I'm quite impressed. They have no way to know who is at fault... and based on your history of always being a victim, somehow I'd like to hear the other guy's story.
          They probably turned up so quickly so that they could see if Wilmslow was pissed.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
            They probably turned up so quickly so that they could see if Wilmslow was pissed.
            They probably turned up quickly because he's on their watch-list after being reported for spying on neighbours' children.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I'd have just floored it at the lights and left him for dead. Conflict over.

You'd obviously annoyed him already by cutting him up or something. Then you decide to poke him some more with a stick? Not a good approach.
              Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Working...
              X