• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Smoking ban?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoking ban?

Having quit smoking at the beginning of the year, I think it's an excellent idea.
    Forget freedom to smoke, that's a myth. Almost all smokers want to quit and this will help them to do so. The minority who want to continue can smoke in the privacy of their home
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Yes indeed, I quite agree

Originally posted by sasguru
    Having quit smoking at the beginning of the year, I think it's an excellent idea.
    Forget freedom to smoke, that's a myth. Almost all smokers want to quit and this will help them to do so. The minority who want to continue can smoke in the privacy of their home
    Now we can ban alcohol, evil of all evils.
    Oh, and red meat.
    And then cars.
    And did you know that breathing contributes to cancer?
    Why not?

Comment

On a reduction program with the target of completely quitting by April/May. I am totally in favour to introduce smoking ban since that date.
      I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Dundeegeorge
        Now we can ban alcohol, evil of all evils.
        Oh, and red meat.
        And then cars.
        And did you know that breathing contributes to cancer?
        The difference is all the above have some benefits, health or otherwise.
        Smoking is a vile addiction that has none at all.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
          On a reduction program with the target of completely quitting by April/May. I am totally in favour to introduce smoking ban since that date.
          Well everyone has their own way. I found nicotine gum very effective. Plus I went on an intensive cardio-vascular exercise program at the same time as quitting, so have actually managed to lose weight as well.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Really

The difference is all the above have some benefits, health or otherwise.
            Smoking is a vile addiction that has none at all.
            Nope, all of them (breathing excepted) are unnecessary evils.
            And if you think there are no benefits to smoking, just wait until you start picking up the tab for the drop in tax revenue - I would far rather people payed a 'stupidity' tax by choice than I pay it without choice.
            Why not?

Comment

And if you think there are no benefits to smoking, just wait until you start picking up the tab for the drop in tax revenue - I would far rather people payed a 'stupidity' tax by choice than I pay it without choice.
              Might as well legalise all drugs then, to be consistent and generate tax revenue.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

What!!!! Are You Mad?

Might as well legalise all drugs then, to be consistent and generate tax revenue.
                Let people choose?
                Allow adults to choose how they live their life?
                That's crazy talk, report for re-education immediately.
                Why not?

Comment

Let people choose?
                  Allow adults to choose how they live their life?
                  That's crazy talk, report for re-education immediately.
                  Anyway no one is banning smoking. Just in public spaces where it impinges on people's choice to be smoke free. I would be all for 25% of pubs to be smoking (that's the percentage of smokers in the population).
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Exceopt your already paying for it in NIC and Taxes to pay for the NHS treatment of all those selfish buggers that have smoked themselves to the point of death and have to be treated for it.

Now, if they allowed smoking but refused treatment on the NHS for smoking related illnesses.......
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                    X