• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Am I going to get four inches tonight?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I going to get four inches tonight?

Snow blizzard warnings for the weekend in Britain as temperatures plummet | Mail Online

Winter will arrive with a vengeance tonight as snow, sleet and blizzards start to sweep across Britain.
    Parts of the country can expect up to four inches of snow in the next few days, brought on by bitter winds from Siberia.
    The Met Office has issued warnings for heavy snow and blizzards until Saturday, and urged those travelling to prepare for chaos on roads and rail.

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Snow blizzard warnings for the weekend in Britain as temperatures plummet | Mail Online

Winter will arrive with a vengeance tonight as snow, sleet and blizzards start to sweep across Britain.
    Parts of the country can expect up to four inches of snow in the next few days, brought on by bitter winds from Siberia.
    The Met Office has issued warnings for heavy snow and blizzards until Saturday, and urged those travelling to prepare for chaos on roads and rail.
    The longer-term forecast (next week's) is similar.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
      The longer-term forecast (next week's) is similar.
      Link?
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        Link?
        Last night's weather forecast, on TV. Though the Met Office long term weather forecast looks less ominous:

UK Outlook for Wednesday 8 Dec 2010 to Wednesday 22 Dec 2010:

Day 16 to 30

The cold conditions are likely to continue. Precipitation amounts should be average or slightly below, giving the risk of sleet and snow at times in many areas. Sunshine amounts are likely to be above average, although some southeastern parts may see more in the way of cloud. Temperatures are likely to continue well below average, with widespread frosts, sometimes severe. There is some chance of it turning less cold, particularly for southern and southwestern parts, but still with the risk of further rain, sleet and snow.

Comment

Glad I still have my (old but) trusty 4x4 - might get some chains if this global warming continues

Endless amusement last year watching the Aygos being abandoned at the side of the road - not much use getting 50mpg if you can't get anywhere!
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Metcheck looks iffy for Luton next week

(From a snow point of view). I know Luton generally looks iffy, thanks.
            Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

According to climate scientists, snow free winters will become increasingly rare due to global warming. The mild winters we were used to 20 years ago are now a thing of the past.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

good luck all

Milan.
                Last edited by milanbenes; 24 November 2010, 10:42.

Comment

Where's Wxman? He usually pops up with some weather forecasting, and it's usually a damn sight more accurate than the tulip on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                    According to climate scientists, snow free winters will become increasingly rare due to global warming. The mild winters we were used to 20 years ago are now a thing of the past.
                    Aye

UN now saying Copenhagen agreement not enough

The world is on track for "mutually assured destruction" as even the most ambitious pledges to cut carbon emissions are not enough to stop runaway climate change, the United Nations has warned.
                    we're all doomed
                    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                    X