• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Junk Mail: Stopping it

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Junk Mail: Stopping it

The steps so far...

Removed us from the Published Electoral list.
    Both on the mailing preference service
    Told the Royal mail we are opting out of their junk mail service.
    Placed a 'No Leaflets or other promotional items' sign on the door

If any crap does come through and it has an envelope I usually rip it up and post it all back.

Still get tons and tons of the crap.

Also can Companies house not put captcha on their site? Cannot be that hard to get at all the details with some screen scraper.

Here in NL we have official stickers to prevent junk mail;

They used to work until the post office sacked all the literate people and replaced them with part time sub-minimum wage numpties.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      The steps so far...

If any crap does come through and it has an envelope I usually rip it up and post it all back.

Also can Companies house not put captcha on their site? Cannot be that hard to get at all the details with some screen scraper.
      Bolting the door Im afraid, your address is out there being passed around like an Essex Girl at a footballers party.

Comment

I must get a leaflet or 2 through the door every day from either a gardener, plumber, roofer etc etc. Do they not know this area just gets flooded and the chance of them getting a sale that way is just minimal.

Feck sake, just had to chase an npower salesman from the door.

Comment

The steps so far...
          Why dont you put your accountant's address as the registered address for company. You dont have any mails coming to your house then

Comment

Originally posted by rd409 View Post
            Why dont you put your accountant's address as the registered address for company. You dont have any mails coming to your house then
            Simple, seal your letterbox and get a P.O. Box.

Job done.
            The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              They used to work until the post office sacked all the literate people and replaced them with part time sub-minimum wage numpties.
              What, you mean *gasp* immigrants??

Comment

Originally posted by Dearnla View Post
                What, you mean *gasp* immigrants??
                No, most of them can at least read an address and the words 'nee' and 'ja'. I mean the inborns that can barely tie their own shoelaces.

Someone who's managed to find his way from the Atlas mountains or the Somali desert to Holland can probably read signs.
                Last edited by Mich the Tester; 24 November 2010, 16:05.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

The steps so far...

Place your recycling box underneath the letterbox.
                  Judging by the amount of crap that comes through my front door, the area has more pizza parlours and curry emporia than actual houses.
                  +50 Xeno Geek Points
                  Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                  As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by rd409 View Post
                    I don't get too much through that route but they should make a wee bit of an effort to protect my information.

The thing that most pisses me off about junk mail is you can lose something important in the pile of crap.

If they collectively placed all the weeks junk mail through on a saturday in one big envelope I could just chuck it in the bin and I would not bother.

Comment

Working...
                    X