• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boomed - but hope I've made the right choice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boomed - but hope I've made the right choice

Got 2 offers at once last week; one for a local contract for 6 months but money poor and it's also a 3rd line support role so potentially quite dull.

Other role is non commutable and initially just for 2 months but money is £100 a day better & I'm involved in development work.

I chose the latter. Sick of playing it safe.

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
    Got 2 offers at once last week; one for a local contract for 6 months but money poor and it's also a 3rd line support role so potentially quite dull.

Other role is non commutable and initially just for 2 months but money is £100 a day better & I'm involved in development work.

I chose the latter. Sick of playing it safe.
    Good luck with it. You never know, there may be an extension offered after XMas.

Comment

And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Change favours the prepared mind and all that... congratulations
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

He who dares Rodders, he who dares.

Best of luck with it.

Comment

Firstly, Congratulations.

Secondly, Let's hope that the risk & reward pays off in the long term.
            If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Well, thank-you for the kind words.

Oddly enough, I quite like being in this situation; means I have to really step up to the plate as opposed to being in a comfort zone where there is a tendency to rest on one's laurels.

Just need to work on not being such a miserable sod first thing in the morning.

Comment

It paid off. Just got a 3 month extension to April 22nd.

Comment

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
                  It paid off. Just got a 3 month extension to April 22nd.
                  where will you stay ? accomodation may be the main problem

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                    where will you stay ? accomodation may be the main problem

I'm thinking of buying a caravan. I know somewhere where I can stay for £5 a night with hook up, bog and shower. By the time I come to sell it it will be spring & I should get more than I paid with any luck.

Comment

Working...
                    X