• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My Plan B

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Plan B

In an earlier thread I alluded to my having being working on the proof of concept for my plan B and that I would reveal all in due course. Well, I can now reveal that I plan on embarking on a literary odyssey to put my life and times in the Peak Army down in print.

Now, don't laugh, but I think there is genuine mileage in this project; the recent popularity of books detailing the lives of people who have lived life on the edge underlines this and I think my book could have a certain cachet amongst such a readership. There have been books about peoples' prison experiences, Mr. Nice by Howard Marks & Mr Blue to name but two. There's also been the rediscovery of Fear and Loathing by a new generation of readers; in fact, I want to redefine Gonzo Journalism with my book!

The blueprint for my writings, however, will be this:

Link

The parallels are obvious; both of us being at the heart of outlaw organisations, both of us having mellowed and now ploughing a far more respective furrow in our respective lies. Indeed, as a prospective Rotarian, I hope the PA practice of urinating over passengers from passing trains doesn't in anyway jeopardise my application.

Anyway, I'm rather excited about what I am about to embark on but, like most budding authors, lack confidence in my ability to pull it off so any words of encouragement from the good people of CUK will be invaluable and I thank you all in advance.

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
    I am about to embark on but, like most budding authors, lack confidence in my ability to pull it off
    You can do it

Comment

Good luck, and remember, where there's a will, there's a way.
      Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Oh yes!

The Gricer is back on form.

It's been a while coming but I for one support you in your new endeavour.

Please, no more tales of malc and rocking out to ELO in yellow waterproofs.
        No more, the train was a bit busy carp.

We need to hear about the sinister underground movement that is the PA. Their links to MI6 and the IRA. Their brotherhood with the Yakkuza. The turf wars with National Rail and the funding for the PA by white supremacists - the lifelong dream to reclaim the fatherland for blond haired, blue eyed rail enthusiasts.

Oh, and type the word "women" into google and research a love interest.

The public need to know the truth and the truth will out.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Your story must be told.

Comment

Anyway, I'm rather excited about what I am about to embark on but, like most budding authors, lack confidence in my ability to pull it off so any words of encouragement from the good people of CUK will be invaluable and I thank you all in advance.
          Why don't you post the chapters on CUK as you write them? Maybe a weekly post for us to look forward to, like NF's links series?
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Why have you specified French as the UI language (hl=fr) in the link? Do you usually use google.co.uk in French? Why not google.fr?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Why have you specified French as the UI language (hl=fr) in the link? Do you usually use google.co.uk in French? Why not google.fr?
              That's because his sockie master had to use UK proxy.

HTH

Comment

I'm always more likely to pick up a book with fresh ideas.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  I'm always more likely to pick up a book with fresh ideas.
                  Do you mean MacBook?

Comment

bollocks
                    SAS give it up you cock
                    "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Working...
                    X