• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can't wait to see these guys on University Challenge

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't wait to see these guys on University Challenge

McDonald's launches foundation degree for staff - Telegraph

The fast-food giant has also produced a university-style prospectus outlining the courses on offer, which will be placed among academic brochures at careers advice centres nationwide.

The move could see A-level pupils formally considering McDonald's alongside traditional universities as a place to undertake further study, although they would have to get a job with the Big Mac maker first.

I'm glad they can see the sort of future that awaits young grads in the UK after 13 years of Labour rule.

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    McDonald's launches foundation degree for staff - Telegraph

The fast-food giant has also produced a university-style prospectus outlining the courses on offer, which will be placed among academic brochures at careers advice centres nationwide.

The move could see A-level pupils formally considering McDonald's alongside traditional universities as a place to undertake further study, although they would have to get a job with the Big Mac maker first.

I'm glad they can see the sort of future that awaits young grads in the UK after 13 years of Labour rule.
    My partner recently saw a contestant on a TV quiz program ("Are you smarter than a 10-year-old?", and the contestant wasn't), who had a First in Cake Decoration. It is increasingly hard to satirise the lunacy in this country.

But I would not necessarily attribute all the blame to either of the two main parties that formed the government in recent decades. It was the Conservative government that turned all kinds of institutions into "universities", as a transparent ruse to cut the unemployment figures. Not that the Labour government found that unwelcome, in its turn.
    Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

Comment

The McDonald's foundation degree, accredited by Manchester Metropolitan University, is free for staff and begins this month with 53 workers.
      Manchester POLY
      Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        The rather sad thing is that standards were somewhat higher back when these "universities" were institutions of higher ejukashun.

And that was about 10 years ago. I dread to think what he'd say today.
        Of course they were. There's nothing wrong with a good poly, and some were very good. Making them universities was not about recognising their good attributes, it was about hiding them in order to fool hundreds of thousands of young people into getting deep in debt while financing the reduction of the unemployment numbers.

That was why George Walden opposed Kenneth Clarke's creation of so many universities: because the polys were fine as they were.
        Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

Comment

Working...
        X