• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Poundland booms

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poundland booms

Profits are up 80%, new stores opening all over the place (not least from the ashes of Woolworth) and they don't expect to suffer if the economy recovers.

Poundland boom: Chain plans dozens more stores as middle class storm aisles | Mail Online

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Profits are up 80%, new stores opening all over the place (not least from the ashes of Woolworth) and they don't expect to suffer if the economy recovers.

Poundland boom: Chain plans dozens more stores as middle class storm aisles | Mail Online
    I am waiting for the headline "TwoPoundLand profits up 100%, after rebranding".

Comment

Originally posted by markmm View Post
      Yeah, inflation is going to kill them. Even at the official 4%, that's 4% harder to keep things at a pound every year, compoundlanded.

Comment

Not sure it's got the same ring to it, MF.
        Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
        +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

At Tescos I just got a bunch of clothes, normally 5 quid each, at half price as the missus had lots of vouchers. Only way to keep up with inflation. What's wrong with trousers made of newspaper anyway?
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I did my annual visit to one of their stores at the w/e and got a pair of winter gloves (although I have no doubt I'll lose one within weeks).

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
              Not sure it's got the same ring to it, MF.
              Im not MF, SasGuru.

Comment

Im not MF, SasGuru.
                Perhaps I was calling you something else..!

You are though, I am sure of it. The lack of punctuation seems far too deliberate, as does your writing style.
                Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

You are though, I am sure of it. The lack of punctuation seems far too deliberate, as does your writing style.
                  You a free to check with Admin, ill await an apology. (Still waiting for one being accused of being BdP, from others).

Comment

<cough> kandr </cough>

Comment

Working...
                    X