• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Senior Moment

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Senior Moment

Pensioner loses £80k life savings after driving off with it on car roof | Metro.co.uk

Cars don't make good banks.

If I found £80K just sitting in the street I would be straight round to the local plod. It's either bent or a serious chunk of someone's cash (as in this case.) Any which way, it's not going to sit well mentally if you hang on to it.

Comment

Beats a story of a friend of a friend who went looking at cars with 8000 euros in an envelope in order to pay cash, and lost it somewhere along the way.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
        If I found £80K just sitting in the street I would be straight round to the local plod. It's either bent or a serious chunk of someone's cash (as in this case.) Any which way, it's not going to sit well mentally if you hang on to it.
        Sadly there's a lot out there that don;t have your conscience.

Comment

Working...
        X