• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Tory Scalp

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Tory Scalp

Howard Flight,

Tory peer claims welfare changes encourage poor to 'breed' - Telegraph

Being blunt and pragmatic is not a durable quality in politics apparently.

Just keep all the smarmy roundabout bulltulipers to feed the public a soundbite or two every now and then.

To be fair I rather fancy having a few indiscreet dinosaurs around who call a spade a spade
    There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Originally posted by sunnysan View Post
    Howard Flight,

Just keep all the smarmy roundabout bulltulipers to feed the public a soundbite or two every now and then.

To be fair I rather fancy having a few indiscreet dinosaurs around who call a spade a spade

Comment

Originally posted by sunnysan View Post
      Howard Flight,

Trust the Tories to say it as it is.

Surely, its time for a return of Spitting Image too.

Comment

Never use the word "breed". Aside from that, the comments are entirely true and many of all classes would agree. The BBC news showed Milliband talking to some Tesco workers who did.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...baby-boom.html

An academic study claims that an extra 45,000 babies were born to mothers who left school at 16 in the year after the "unprecedented" increase in the value of child benefits introduced by Labour.
        The report by the Institute for Fiscal Studies concludes: "We have shown that more generous Government support coincided with an increase in births among the group most affected by the [welfare] reforms.
        Last edited by xoggoth; 25 November 2010, 19:43.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

As a believer in free speech, I think it's been a bad week.
          Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
            It was a bad century ever since it became criminal offence to refuse to hand over decryption passwords when requested...

Comment

Quite. Within the obvious limits. How can we debate anything rationally if so many things, even when entirely true, are deemed off limits?
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
                What's the weather like in Brussels?

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                  How can we debate anything rationally if so many things, even when entirely true, are deemed off limits?
                  This subject is also off limit

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
                    What's the weather like in Brussels?
                    ???

Wouldn't have the foggiest. But it's perishing cold here in London.
                    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Working...
                    X