• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Maintenance on The Wrecked House.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maintenance on The Wrecked House.

Late breaking News!

Hold the front Page!

Man in wrecked house has taken down the collapsing tiled roof over the bay window(slightly before it fell down).

Now up ladder hammering nails into the remains of his bay window.

His other half has just gone down to town, presumably because she can't take the stress of the unusual maintenance activity.

He's now put a piece of either ply or mdf across the top of the bay and is looking at it in a rather gormless manner.

This is unprecedented.

More maintenance in a single day than the house has had in 5 years.

The council must have sent him another letter.

I get there feeling there must be a back-story, but I don't recall seeing it. Maybe it's in one of the humongously long threads?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      You'll have to read all of TPD to find out.
      Post 14405 refers.

But there must be stuff earlier than that.

There is: Post 8498
      Last edited by zeitghost; 25 November 2010, 15:11.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        I get there feeling there must be a back-story, but I don't recall seeing it. Maybe it's in one of the humongously long threads?
        Potted Version:

Across the road from ZG's little cubby hole there is a house in a somewhat parlous state of repair. Occasionally bits fall off it. It is occupied most notably, from ZG's perspective, by a woman who is prone to leaning out of the front window in varying states of dress/undress.

It used to make regular appearances in TPD, usually as a result of ZG copping varying degrees of eyefull when the aforementioned occupant made an appearance.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I wonder how the "new roof" to the bay window is holding up under the stress of all this sleet/drizzle/whatever it is.

Comment

How's the buddleia?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              You'll have to read all of TPD to find out.
              We'd rather scrape our eyes out with a rusty t-spoon.

Anyway you're always complaining about the noise!

Can some
              one get the abridged version above into
              three words please?
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                How's the buddleia?
                It's grown back.

Not quite to its original height, but not far off.

I'm sure he'll cut it down again in a couple of years or so.

No point in rushing.

I wonder when or if he's going to replace the missing tile from the roof.

It's been missing for 5 years (at least) now.

The water must be cascading in when it rains (and it really knows how to rain in Swansea).

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  We'd rather scrape our eyes out with a rusty t-spoon.

Anyway you're always complaining about the noise!

Can some
                  one get the abridged version above into
                  three words please?
                  Management summary:

House looks like it's falling down.

Little or no maintenance done without what looks like an order from the council.

Other half sometimes looks out of the bedroom window in her underwear (she's a big girl).

Most amused (considering the state of the place) to see him brushing the front steps.

Bay window repair is likely to stay semifinished for the duration.

Expect more news around about July.

Comment

Not quite same problem as they have money and get it done properly but they are always extending and modifying opposite me too. They had a big side extension built but it has oddly small windows at the front so can't get a decent view of the young wife's knockers even with my telescope.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                    X