• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Poorly Cat – Any cat owners?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poorly Cat – Any cat owners?

My cat rarely uses the litter tray, preferring to go outside. I keep him in at night and he is normally fine.

Poor cat was not well on Wednesday night – proper squits in the litter tray and hiding around the house. One depressed looking cat. Gave him some food which seemed to perk him up.

Last night he seemed okay, until just gone midnight, he has another drippy litter tray visit. He was very clingy.

Seems totally fine again this morning, but given he has not been on form and it is -5 outside, wanted to keep him in, and see how things are in the tray tonight.

Is this just something that cats go through, or would a vets visit be an idea?

Girlfriend must have a voodoo doll of the poor thing.....

Try a little piece of lead in its left ear.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
      My cat rarely uses the litter tray, preferring to go outside. I keep him in at night and he is normally fine.

Poor cat was not well on Wednesday night – proper squits in the litter tray and hiding around the house. One depressed looking cat. Gave him some food which seemed to perk him up.

Last night he seemed okay, until just gone midnight, he has another drippy litter tray visit. He was very clingy.

Seems totally fine again this morning, but given he has not been on form and it is -5 outside, wanted to keep him in, and see how things are in the tray tonight.

<cracks knuckles>

Assuming you are a sockie then this is a fail.

Assuming you are real, then you just posted in General asking if you should take a sick cat to the vets. Fail.

HTH
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Superb Friday morning post Wilmslow. May your cat be poorly always so we can get a laugh out of it.
        Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Persian? Try the fine end of a comb.
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Do you let him drink milk?

That causes the tulips as cats have a low lactose tolerance; use special cat milk instead.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Is he an outdoor cat in the mode of out all day and night or just all day?

It could be he's eaten something outside that may have disagreed with him.

Keep him indoors for a day or two and check the litter tray to see if he still has the problem, then take him to the vets.

Make sure you stick to whatever normal food he is on for the indoor duration and do not feed him snacks or treats, make sure he has plenty of water (tip: do not place the cats water next to their food as they will not drink it, if you place it elsewhere they are more likely to use the water bowl).

Also WMTTS do not give them dairy products as they are lactose intolerant. Certain foods can cause liver damage, so be careful what treats you give them. Oily fish once a week can aid digestion (make sure if it is tinned fish it is in spring water and not oil or brine).
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

HTH

Comment

Did your neighbours poison it?
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Sound like stomach cancer, start looking for a replacement.

Comment

Working...
                    X