• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Snow!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snow!

At last, it's started snowing. Only small flakes though.

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    At last, it's started snowing. Only small flakes though.
    About 5 inches of the white tulipe here, and if last year is anything to go by, it will still be sitting there looking at me in April.

Note to self : Move away from the North ASAP!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      About 5 inches of the white tulipe here, and if last year is anything to go by, it will still be sitting there looking at me in April.

Note to self : Move away from the North ASAP!

Not bad for November. I don't recall it ever having snowed, down south, in November before. In fact it's rare we got any snow in winter, of the settling kind.
      Last edited by TimberWolf; 26 November 2010, 16:02. Reason: is it November already, what happened to summer?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
        Not bad for October. I don't recall it ever having snowed, down south, in October before. In fact it's rare we got any snow in winter, of the settling kind.
        What about November?

Comment

Originally posted by kandr View Post
          What about November?
          Good point. Edited

Comment

None here yet in Berkshire

I'm partial to a bit of the white powdery stuff.

Comment

IT'S STICKING!

Trees are all white.

Comment

It's due here later tonight through tomorrow. Clear as a bell at the moment.
                Me, me, me...

Comment

UK snow: 10 inches forecast as Britain prepares for an Arctic weekend - Telegraph

Just a light dusting on cars and on the grass here at the moment. It's been snowing for hours, but only little flakes. It had better make a move on if we are to be able to make snowmen tomorrow, as tomorrow's forecast is cold and sunny.

Comment

No snow here in Oxfordshire. Though it was bloody cold just walking back from the pub. Or to put it in BBC language: "Bitterly, bitterly cold".

One "bitterly" isn't enough.
                    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
                    X